When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of 1963 varsitys

-
I believe I have NOS cages same as the ebay one which I can sell for a better price if anyone is interested. Let me know if you have an interest, I have to find them.

For those who are curious to view a Schwinn with the aforementioned "suicide derailleur"...
1960 Conti from Classic Cycle

1960-Schwinn-Continental1.jpg

Simplex-rod-front-shifter.jpg

Well heck, there's a derailleur adjustment option I haven't considered. If ya got chain rub, just cut part of the cage then bend the other side till it breaks off. You should post that in the repair and adjustment section. Come to think on it, me good ol'brodder, Who has actually worked as a paid mechanic too, thinks; once he's lost or striped a bolt, beat em to death, or mangled something like this, resounds on: "It's OK because they always put more bolts or in this case, metal than needed" Might have fixed the chain rub problem for you years ago.

20150527_000103-jpg.jpg

Back