When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of 1963 varsitys

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well heck, there's a derailleur adjustment option I haven't considered. If ya got chain rub, just cut part of the cage then bend the other side till it breaks off. You should post that in the repair and adjustment section. Come to think on it, me good ol'brodder, Who has actually worked as a paid mechanic too, thinks; once he's lost or striped a bolt, beat em to death, or mangled something like this, resounds on: "It's OK because they always put more bolts or in this case, metal than needed" Might have fixed the chain rub problem for you years ago.

View attachment 770161
Only problem is it doesn't rub when it needs to

I am still looking for a front derailleur for my 63 varsity, if anybody could point me in a direction

Did you followup with Schwinderella on the NOS cages that he has?
Those are the ones that I've used as replacements.
The difference in script is so minor that maybe 10 people in the entire country would notice the difference...if they even bothered to inspect it closely.
In any case, it would suffice as a good replacement until you are able to find the exactly correct one, which is looking more & more unlikely.

I believe I have NOS cages same as the ebay one which I can sell for a better price if anyone is interested. Let me know if you have an interest, I have to find them.
Do you still have have these derailleur cages, if so how much do you need for one, thanks- Gerry

Did you followup with Schwinderella on the NOS cages that he has?
Those are the ones that I've used as replacements.
The difference in script is so minor that maybe 10 people in the entire country would notice the difference...if they even bothered to inspect it closely.
In any case, it would suffice as a good replacement until you are able to find the exactly correct one, which is looking more & more unlikely.
Better make it 11 unless you counted me already.

Gashep,
So you can make your own judgement, here is a photo of an original cage next to one of the NOS replacements on one of my derailleurs.
The drawing which I saved from somewhere suggests that the replacement may actually be an earlier version. Can't vouch for it's veracity though.

P1010589.JPG

Huret_Replacement logo.jpg

Back