When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Colson bikes together for over 70 years

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Slick4d4d

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone, I wanted to sure my latest find, this cool pair of bike that I purchased from the son of the original owners. I was told that they are both Colson bikes although only the ladies bike has a badge. The story goes that the men's bike was earned by this man's father in 1933 as payment for his work on a farm that summer, and that his mother bought the bike new to save money over riding the bus. He remembers her telling him that she road it everywhere including to highschool, which saved her 10 cents. These were such cherished possession for both of them that they kept them for all these years and still used them from time to time. The reason they are red is the family had they repainted as and anniversary present for them in the 90's. Unfortunately both have now passed on and the family finally decided to sell the bike and wanted them to stay together. there isn't much left from the early days of these bikes except for the oral history so I was hoping that you all could help me fill in some of the info on the history of the bikes themselves, actual years of production, models, possible original color and any other info you may have. I will post serial numbers as soon as I can read them clearly.

WP_20171001_17_58_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_17_58_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_17_58_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_17_59_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_17_59_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_00_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_00_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_00_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_00_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_01_25_Pro.jpg

WP_20171001_18_01_35_Pro.jpg

Looks like somebody liked the color red. The mens may be a Colson flyer. The girl's, I'll guess 38 to 39. If you pull out the cranks or the fork from the frame you may find the original color inside. It looks like the bikes were painted w/out much removal of parts, so they might not have been preped very well, which is a good thing if you want to bring the original finish back. You might want to get some Pro strength Goof Off, or something similar to remove that red paint. Good luck with them.

Looks like somebody liked the color red. The mens may be a Colson flyer. The girl's, I'll guess 38 to 39. If you pull out the cranks or the fork from the frame you may find the original color inside. It looks like the bikes were painted w/out much removal of parts, so they might not have been preped very well, which is a good thing if you want to bring the original finish back. You might want to get some Pro strength Goof Off, or something similar to remove that red paint. Good luck with them.
Girl's is most definitely a Colson, around a 39-41. Boys....not so sure.

Back