When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Raleigh Twenty's...Just Bought Them...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's the bell that was on one of the bikes...my alter ego... :tonguewink:

IMG_0817.jpg

I have two Raleigh 20s also. The blue bike is much modified, with drum brakes, Sun rims, new style Sturmey alloy 3 speed hub, Richey headset, North road bars, and a higher stem. The green one just needed my wife to think it was “cute”.
Not trying to be a jerk but, never use Three in One in a Sturmey Archer hub. It has citronella in it, which, eventually emulsifies, and leaves a mess. I usually mix synthetic 5W oil 50/50 with ATF for lube. A drop or two in the spring is plenty.
I cleaned up the green bike, after I bought it. New chain, Scorcher slicks, Continental Kool Stop pads, correct seat and pedals. I also put a 19 tooth sprocket on the hub, momma is a putz on a bike. The blue bike was given to me by a friend who can’t ride anymore.

Ted

4F029E97-8E83-4FB9-877B-312F2BB6F8F2.jpeg

0782019C-83EB-4760-A030-F4F5ABD784F9.jpeg

4E14D52F-8C59-4E61-A855-967E657592BC.jpeg

Last edited:
I just came home about an hour ago with these two little gems. I already have a 1971 in Green, and I had one in Brown that was cosmetically unappealing and Sold it. So here I am with two more! I need these like a hole in the head! I even asked myself on the drive there, which was less than 5 miles from my house, why i was even going to look at them?!

The years are 1973 and 1975 according to the hub (and shifter on the '75 version). One is missing a rack...the other a pump and original tire. Otherwise, all there. And a big difference from my '71 is that the handlebars on these can be angled, not fixed, which is a bit annoying.

Problem wise, the '75 doesn't engage to pedal (owner said it before I could even test it, so he was honest). I'm hoping just a bit of fine tuning will fix this, along with some oil in the hub.

Chrome overall is in terrific condition, as is most of the paint (the '73 is coffee brown, but the '75 color is a bit more copper). He said they hadn't been used in years and it was time to find them a new home as he was moving. I asked him what he wanted for both, and said $350. I politely told him that we're not even in the same ballpark, so thank you very much anyway for letting me come to at least see them (Ad said $400 for both). He asked what would be my best offer, knowing they would need to be looked over after I explained a few things I need to do. I said "I'll put them both in the SUV right now if you can do $125". He thought about, smiled and said "OK, they're yours".

Time to start playing them! ;)

View attachment 1317722

View attachment 1317723

View attachment 1317724

View attachment 1317725

View attachment 1317726

View attachment 1317727

View attachment 1317728

View attachment 1317729

View attachment 1317730

I think that all Raleigh bikes are under rated. I tell everyone to read "The Raleigh Story" on u-tube.

I just came home about an hour ago with these two little gems. I already have a 1971 in Green, and I had one in Brown that was cosmetically unappealing and Sold it. So here I am with two more! I need these like a hole in the head! I even asked myself on the drive there, which was less than 5 miles from my house, why i was even going to look at them?!

The years are 1973 and 1975 according to the hub (and shifter on the '75 version). One is missing a rack...the other a pump and original tire. Otherwise, all there. And a big difference from my '71 is that the handlebars on these can be angled, not fixed, which is a bit annoying.

Problem wise, the '75 doesn't engage to pedal (owner said it before I could even test it, so he was honest). I'm hoping just a bit of fine tuning will fix this, along with some oil in the hub.

Chrome overall is in terrific condition, as is most of the paint (the '73 is coffee brown, but the '75 color is a bit more copper). He said they hadn't been used in years and it was time to find them a new home as he was moving. I asked him what he wanted for both, and said $350. I politely told him that we're not even in the same ballpark, so thank you very much anyway for letting me come to at least see them (Ad said $400 for both). He asked what would be my best offer, knowing they would need to be looked over after I explained a few things I need to do. I said "I'll put them both in the SUV right now if you can do $125". He thought about, smiled and said "OK, they're yours".

View attachment 1317722

View attachment 1317723

View attachment 1317724

View attachment 1317725

View attachment 1317726

View attachment 1317727

View attachment 1317728

View attachment 1317729

View attachment 1317730
Wow, man you really SCORED on these little beauties. Man, and you just don't see these come along every day. They might be worth a couple hundred a piece. Nice find. Enjoy your new treasures. Razin.

View attachment 1317722

View attachment 1317723

View attachment 1317724

View attachment 1317725

View attachment 1317726

View attachment 1317727

View attachment 1317728

View attachment 1317729

View attachment 1317730
And you know what the best part of these Raleigh's are the built proof Sturmey Archer three speed hubs. I just love working on them because of their simplicity to adjust and repair if needed. Have fun with these NEATO bikes. Razin.

Quite a few years back, I purchased a pair of blue Twenty's...one folding and the other non-folding. Just remembered that now! :tonguewink: Old age, lol!!

Back