When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther and Tiger stalking me!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

crazyhawk

Riding an Americolor Shelby
I was at an auction this a.m. and the auctioneer pulled these 2 bird dropping encrusted bikes out of the barn. Of course, I had to buy 'em. $75 for both. I'll just wash 'em up, grease 'em good, put new rubber on 'em and ride! Hopefully, they'll ride good and it'll be worth it. Is that what you guys would do?
IMG_20190216_141352 (2).jpg

IMG_20190216_141416 (2).jpg

IMG_20190216_141424 (2).jpg

Yep, that's what I'd do. Was $75 the starting bid?
The starting bids were $2. I actually paid 40 for the Panther and 35 for the Tiger, but of course they threw in a nasty Ross 10 spd and this Roadmaster Skyrider because they got no bids. If you've ever bought bikes at estate auctions, you've probably had to endure hours of waiting and waiting while they sell one spoon here and a box of Christmas ornaments there. I don't like auctions at all, but there are just so many old farms here in Ohio and almost every barn has an old bike of some kind.

IMG_20190216_141625.jpg

IMG_20190216_141630 (2).jpg

Well, I did a quicky clean-up on the Tiger, about 4 hours of scrubbing, tearing down and adjusting. I would be more thorough on a higher-end bike, but it's a rider and I like keeping it kind of funky. It rides great. The Panther has a stuck neck, so I'll tackle that later.
IMG_0296.JPG

Wow! Your Tiger roars!
Bought a Panther 2 a few years ago that cleaned up nice for a rider.
I was looking for a Jaguar but I love the Panther!

Back