When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther Forebrake?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Boris

Old fat tired rider
I've been looking at images, and from what I see, it doesn't seem like '52-'53 Panthers came with forebrakes. Was this an option? I recently purchased a Panther with one, and I don't know if was original to the bike or if it was something one of the previous owners added on after the fact.

The BFG Panther I sold came with the rim brake setup. I've seen a few with the rim style, but never a drum brake.

Just a note in case you have something really odd. There were only middleweights in 1953.

1547535025456.png

Large and small flange expander brakes were an option on adult bikes thru 1954 and the large only in 55. Bout $7.30 extra.

Time for me to start figuring out these models from the early 50's. Thanks for helping me locate the catalog pages.

I've seen my share of original Panthers crusty or barn fresh as found with drum brakes.
Not nearly as common as on Phantoms or B6 but it happens

Back