When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Panther fork help-lost in shipping

-

ADReese

Wore out three sets of tires already!
My appologies for posting in this section. I know not everyone looks in the wanted section. I am in urgent need of a nice green panther springer fork. The shipping company destroyed the box and the fork fell out one of the holes. They were really rough with this one. I know its hard to believe but this was a nice minty, square box when I dropped it off. Im in the process of filing a claim, but i want to send a fork to the buyer to make him whole. Thanks everyone!

Resized_20180304_173054.jpg

Resized_20180304_172810.jpg

Resized_20180304_172706.jpg

20170627_195552.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, it breaks my heart. I really want to help my buyer out, it was a big purchase. Thankfully i went super ocd on the packaging and it survived fairly well.

20180222_150307.jpg

So it's gone? I was thinking it was damaged when I first read this. Looks like it was packed pretty dang good to me. That sucks dude, hope you get it sorted out.

Oh this is a bummer :(
From my experience Raleigh bikes are shipped via truck in very weak boxes. They’re not designed for reuse, or for FedEx/ups shipping, let alone to carry the weight of a full ballooner.

Thanks everyone. I found a matching fork today on ebay and have it en route to the buyer. He should be up and riding soon!
The box was apparently for an electric bike from what my local bike shop told me. It was pretty beefy and in really nice shape. From what I can gather, the box what ripped and the forks popped out somewhere. I have no idea where all of the other damage came from. Looks like it was in a tornado. It was shipped through bikeflights ie fedex. I have it fully insured and believe I will be covered, I just felt terrible for my buyer getting a bike with no fork. And a somewhat rare fork at that. I have contacted fedex and they will be searching the overgoods for me to see if it pops up.

20180222_150320.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I found a matching fork today on ebay and have it en route to the buyer. He should be up and riding soon!
The box was apparently for an electric bike from what my local bike shop told me. It was pretty beefy and in really nice shape. From what I can gather, the box what ripped and the forks popped out somewhere. I have no idea where all of the other damage came from. Looks like it was in a tornado. It was shipped through bikeflights ie fedex. I have it fully insured and believe I will be covered, I just felt terrible for my buyer getting a bike with no fork. And a somewhat rare fork at that. I have contacted fedex and they will be searching the overgoods for me to see if it pops up.

View attachment 765298
Damn, that's the forks on the left? Looks like you did everything right, don't see how that fell out.

Yup, forks on the left. They were in the corner where the box got crunched really bad and the box opened up. Im not really mad, things happen and I guess it was just my turn. I wish it had been a cheaper bike though lol

Back