When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pants grease protectors?

-

Sevenhills1952

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have or remember pants protectors? I have some stored away somewhere here...from the 50s I'm thinking. They were simply like thin flat spring steel, 1/2" to 3/4" wide, kept pants away from chain grease.
Amazon lists them but they're Velcro now.

Sent from my Bell candlestick

-----

In my experience they be more commonly termed "pants clips"...or in the UK "trouser clips."

Probably the best known brand BITD was Terry's of England. Two designs were offered. By far the most common was the oval which went all the way 'round one's ankle. Also produced was a design which operated more like a clothes peg.

28bur81.jpg

2eofuix.jpg

2lc1cnc.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8729526@N02/sets/72157603561628099/

------

Last edited:
Does anyone have or remember pants protectors? I have some stored away somewhere here...from the 50s I'm thinking. They were simply like thin flat spring steel, 1/2" to 3/4" wide, kept pants away from chain grease.
Amazon lists them but they're Velcro now.

Not that I know a heck of a lot about turn-of-the-century bikes, but I thought these things were around as early as that.

Back