When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount Badged Schwinn Mountain Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloontyre

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I'm a sucker for bikes that speak to my MTB hayday, grabbed earlier this year. Looks like decent equipment of its day, guessing early mid 80s.
What gives with the badge?

That is a 1984 Schwinn High Sierra. It was Schwinn's top-of-the line mountain bike that year. and also the first year for the High Sierra model. It looks to have most of its original parts, except for the saddle, seatpost, and tires. They ride nicely and make great all-around bikes. One of my regular riders is a 1984 Sierra.

The High Sierra and the Sierra were made in Taiwan by Giant. The serial number is on the underside of the bottom bracket. The first four numbers after the "G" are the month and two-digit year.

Not sure how it ended up with a Paramount badge. It looks riveted on and appears to have been on the bike a long time, perhaps since new. Very strange indeed!

Last edited:
@DrRumack80
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
ya figured seat was some 10speed model or something, I assume a SR post would be correct?
I did some Google searches and found 1 other with a paramount badge but not an explanation, probably insignificant.

@DrRumack80
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
ya figured seat was some 10speed model or something, I assume a SR post would be correct?
I did some Google searches and found 1 other with a paramount badge but not an explanation, probably insignificant.
The correct saddle is a Schwinn-labeled Viscount. The seatpost is a SR MTE-100 with a ridiculous amount of setback, 26.4 diameter if I remember correctly. I may have one in the in the parts bin. Put some slicks on that bike and you will have a great commuter or rail trail bike. They ride amazingly well. Out of all the bikes I own, the '84 Sierra is the one I go to the most. You can barely see mine in the photo. I built it up from a bare frame/fork.

That's interesting that you found another one with a Paramount badge. It might just be that they ran out of the correct High Sierra badges!😀

sr mte 100.jpeg

20220917_155252.jpg

Back