When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park Tool Stand Comparison– portable vs Single-arm

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is anyone using the Park Tool PRS 3.2-2 or PCS 4-2 repair stand? Is the single-arm worth the extra coin? My last project, in excess of 60 pounds, took a toll on the plastic parts on my cheap X-tools stand. I'm hesitant to use another portable one because the last was constantly tipping and shook like crazy when I cranked on, well, pretty much everything.

10410068x1010938_zm.jpeg

shopping.png

While convenient, the portable stand would be maxed out on anything over 40lbs, in my opinion.
This would become the most apparent when pedaling the bicycle , in the stand.
A sandbag across the legs may help.

The single arm is well worth the money——if you are going to use it!!! It’s bulky and in the way unless you have a dedicated spot. It is extremely stable and will hold a lot of weight (I blow out my belly button all the time putting my Whizzer’s in it!) The folding are not as stable with a heavy bike but have not failed me yet. I have a few of both styles and I love them. The portable is nice because I can bring it inside my house and work, or even out in the deck on nice days.

The single arm is well worth the money——if you are going to use it!!! It’s bulky and in the way unless you have a dedicated spot. It is extremely stable and will hold a lot of weight (I blow out my belly button all the time putting my Whizzer’s in it!) The folding are not as stable with a heavy bike but have not failed me yet. I have a few of both styles and I love them. The portable is nice because I can bring it inside my house and work, or even out in the deck on nice days.

I’d definitely use it. Just the cost is hard to explain to my better half. I’m going to call Park Tool and see if they have any demo portable models that I could test out since they’re a 30 min drive away. I just don’t want to spend over $500 for something that a $350 stand could do the job with some modifications.

Side note, it was pretty damn cool when I called Park Tool to ask specific details and Calvin Jones answered. I gotta admit I kinda geeked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one years ago, the prices sure have gone up! mine has the aluminum clamp, just the clamp alone is more than I paid for my stand! mine is portable, but the way it is made I could also bolt it to the floor if I had a good spot.

I’m going to wait it out until Black Friday to see if any deals pop up. If not, I’ll spring for a portable unit. As much as I want a HD one it’s going to be installed in the garage with lots of foot traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep looking- they do show up used. I am very happy with a Park PRS-6 I bought off of eBay. It is non-folding with a hoop of square tubing as the base so pretty stable for most work. I replaced the bolts with wing nuts so it can be put away when not in use. Most of the portable stands are really meant for field maintenance on modern lightweights. I did like the repair stand from Aldi supermarkets when I was working out of state. It has five folding legs and was stable, although the clamp couldn't hold a candle to the Park.

My portable Parks holds anything.I worked on my rear steer Colson Tandem with no problems and a few Phantoms. I like the portable because I do move it wherever I have room to work when doing a bike

Back