When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park Tool Stand Comparison– portable vs Single-arm

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My portable Parks holds anything.I worked on my rear steer Colson Tandem with no problems and a few Phantoms. I like the portable because I do move it wherever I have room to work when doing a bike

On a tripod or parallel leg style stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parallel leg one as pictured.I also have another Park portable I found this one on C.L. for $50.I have 2 Park portables.I really like them.I keep one in the basement for winter projects.

Great info. My cheapo tripod stand would tip even when I was working on Schwinn lightweights.

Any doubts about the Park portable holding heavy bikes.This one is holding one of the heaviest I know.A rear steer Colson Tandem....

If you ever see an old Park stand with the iron plate for the base. . . buy it. Nothing in your way. You can put a couple of the heaviest bikes on it, or only one bike. The base is heavy, maybe 50 lbs or more. I have a piece of carpet underneath it. It slides around on the floor if I have to move it. The main support post is adjustable and rotates. You can pick these up used for $200 or less........is that my book, The Preppers underneath it? I was wondering where I left it.

Fwiw, I picked up a portable 4-2. I found a lbs that was willing to negotiate a package deal for a stand, tray and collar. In the end I needed it light enough to be able to move around on the fly but sturdy enough to handle a tank bike with ease.

My workshop is getting a complete makeover. I’ve effectively doubled the size. I made a custom 2 x 8 work bench with shelves installed underneath and on the side. Lighting was redone.

So far I’m happy with a portable stand. I’m constantly moving it around since the area is in disarray.

I like a custom setup rather than the pics you see on Instagram where they threw $5000 worth of crap bought on Amazon.

c8f600d516e36f0ebd11cd762df0673e.jpg

Back