When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Park Tool Stand Comparison– portable vs Single-arm

-
My portable Parks holds anything.I worked on my rear steer Colson Tandem with no problems and a few Phantoms. I like the portable because I do move it wherever I have room to work when doing a bike

On a tripod or parallel leg style stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parallel leg one as pictured.I also have another Park portable I found this one on C.L. for $50.I have 2 Park portables.I really like them.I keep one in the basement for winter projects.

Great info. My cheapo tripod stand would tip even when I was working on Schwinn lightweights.

Any doubts about the Park portable holding heavy bikes.This one is holding one of the heaviest I know.A rear steer Colson Tandem....

If you ever see an old Park stand with the iron plate for the base. . . buy it. Nothing in your way. You can put a couple of the heaviest bikes on it, or only one bike. The base is heavy, maybe 50 lbs or more. I have a piece of carpet underneath it. It slides around on the floor if I have to move it. The main support post is adjustable and rotates. You can pick these up used for $200 or less........is that my book, The Preppers underneath it? I was wondering where I left it.

Fwiw, I picked up a portable 4-2. I found a lbs that was willing to negotiate a package deal for a stand, tray and collar. In the end I needed it light enough to be able to move around on the fly but sturdy enough to handle a tank bike with ease.

My workshop is getting a complete makeover. I’ve effectively doubled the size. I made a custom 2 x 8 work bench with shelves installed underneath and on the side. Lighting was redone.

So far I’m happy with a portable stand. I’m constantly moving it around since the area is in disarray.

I like a custom setup rather than the pics you see on Instagram where they threw $5000 worth of crap bought on Amazon.

c8f600d516e36f0ebd11cd762df0673e.jpg

Back