When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parking bikes on concrete?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This has been an entertaining read this morning. 😂 The knowledge gained from the big brains here on the Cabe once again is priceless.

I put sealed gel cell batteries in all my cars. Interstate is probably the best now. They are pricy but worth every penny. I get at least 7 years out of them & never have to worry.

I suppose parking my bikes on dark chocolate inside a Faraday cage is a bit much.🤦‍♂️

"Expensive batteries? I'll show 'ya an expensive battery!"

16596775100672.jpg

This has been an entertaining read this morning. 😂 The knowledge gained from the big brains here on the Cabe once again is priceless.

I put sealed gel cell batteries in all my cars. Interstate is probably the best now. They are pricy but worth every penny. I get at least 7 years out of them & never have to worry.

I suppose parking my bikes on dark chocolate inside a Faraday cage is a bit much.🤦‍♂️
Thats nothing....I keep my bikes in a climate controlled room hanging just above the ground surrounded by silica packets and I only handle them with germ resistant gloves. The pants I ride them in are made from farm-raised hemp that are cultivated with Beethoven playing year around.

Problem solved I was just contacted by a very honest facebook seller who is in the process of sending me a 55 gallon drum of wheel softening and smoothing cream from Avon. Just a simple application every night before bed and it keeps tires in great shape. He said it works for all sorts of cementuious degradation. Paid him in full with vemo he will be contacting me with the info soon. I will be selling it by the gallon here on the cabe, so get yours soon for the sake of your tires.

Problem solved I was just contacted by a very honest facebook seller who is in the process of sending me a 55 gallon drum of wheel softening and smoothing cream from Avon. Just a simple application every night before bed and it keeps tires in great shape. He said it works for all sorts of cementuious degradation. Paid him in full with vemo he will be contacting me with the info soon. I will be selling it by the gallon here on the cabe, so get yours soon for the sake of your tires.
Just make sure before you get into bed and under the covers you have it all off your hands. 👌

Last edited:
Thats nothing....I keep my bikes in a climate controlled room hanging just above the ground surrounded by silica packets and I only handle them with germ resistant gloves. The pants I ride them in are made from farm-raised hemp that are cultivated with Beethoven playing year around.

Does this have the same effect as when you dangle a dog just above water?🤣🤣
That would be cool.🤓

I agree with the friend who says it's best to isolate the tires from the concrete. Concrete is a sponge, it can absorb water, from the bottom of the slab. In a poorly ventilated storage space, this can create a high humidity layer above the concrete.

Also, concrete is highly alkaline and the salts contained in it will promote corrosion. You may have noticed that a tool left on a concrete floor will rust, while those sitting on the bench in the same room, or even on a stool just a foot above the floor will not rust. You may have noticed that a bike that is parked for decades, will have the lowest portion of the rims rotted, while the rest of the rim is intact.

Introducing an insulating layer prevents migration of humidity (wicking) and ions that promote corrosion of the rims. I'm not sure about whether the tires are vulnerable, but metal parts are. I wouldn't use carpet, I prefer plastic or wood. Note that pressure treated wood is also full of ionic salts. Wood is a sponge, but most species have neutral PH.

Nowadays most slabs are insulated from the earth below by a layer of buried foam insulation, so modern slabs should stay drier. In my 100 year old basement, which is not insulated and is quite thin, a piece of cardboard left on the concrete floor for a week or two will become damp and develop mold.

The folks at Goodyear rubber say, about storing tires, " It’s also best to place the tires on top of a piece of wood, or other barrier rather than directly on the ground or concrete. This will help protect against excessive moisture gathering on the tires." https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/learn/tire-care-maintenance/how-to-store-tires

Last edited:
Back