When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parking bikes on concrete?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’ve never heard of cement reacting with the materials used in tires and would assume there is little or no issue with parking on cement for extended periods.

I spent 35 years working with chemicals, rubber and plastics so I would think if it was an issue it would have crossed my desk.

I have heard that beer changes your ability to control said tires though...

All of my bikes are stored in the basement. parked on the concrete floor. Some have been stored there for over 20 years, on the same tires. The tires are just fine. The key is to keep the tires inflated.

86705939_2846094258807590_3859066138801471488_n.jpg

Teens and 20s you hand cranked to start then magneto's powered the ele. Has anyone priced a 12v car battery lately, the last time I bought one it was $79 plus core. My buddy just bought a new one $279.
Wow, is your buddy rich or no sense? I bought a Interstate 1050 CCA battery less than a year ago for $135.00 plus 5% sales tax.. Almost $300.00 for a battery is just plain CRAZY money...

Battery prices change depending on region and car type. The cars with electric steering and electric everything have more expensive batteries...not sure if that's a product of form factor(makers design shape) and availability making the price jump, or an amp hour capacity thing.

Chocolate is a natural diuretic....white or dark....maybe not so much with milk chocolate, so maybe I'm not lactose intolerant. Hhmmm

Also, I wonder if there is something to the phrase they used in ads to describe rubber before WWII....as "Live Rubber"? At least that's what I remember seeing for the Miss America Elgin ad. I think it called both the Stewart Warner hub suspension and self sealing tires that.
I believe in keeping them rolling myself, since sitting still and losing air makes the flat spots...that make the cracks...that expose the cord to the elements and eventually causes them to rot and no longer hold air.

On our XT4 we had both batteries replaced under factory warranty last June. The dealer charged Cadillac $278 for the primary battery and $94 for the secondary battery and $95 installation for both. $467 There is a button to over ride the auto/stop but it will reset when the ignition is turned on again. There are devices out there for around $125 that will disable it, however, that would void my warranty.

On our XT4 we had both batteries replaced under factory warranty last June. The dealer charged Cadillac $278 for the primary battery and $94 for the secondary battery and $95 installation for both. $467 There is a button to over ride the auto/stop but it will reset when the ignition is turned on again. There are devices out there for around $125 that will disable it, however, that would void my warranty.
That's what happens when you go to a gm dealer.. My women had the battery in her 2010 Malibu replaced last year for $150.00 plus another $75.00 for installation. CRAZY dealer prices for ya...

I say park your bike on the cement garage floor, throw a 2 x 6 over a spare battery or two ( in case there is battery acid present to eat the azz out of your pants), sit down and eat some chocolate and don't worry, be happy.

Back