When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parking bikes on concrete?

-
I have never parked my bikes on a cement floor. I always park them on a concrete floor.
In my life I have stopped correcting people when I know what they are talking about. As long as it does not detract from the discussion. I made the cement /concrete mistake once with my dad as a kid. Another one I use as an example is in 35 years of home building I have referred to my reciprocating saw as such, only a few times. It has and always will be called a sawzall. Which is the given name of Milwaukee reciprocating saw which I do not own and have not in 20 years. Not the actula name of the tool. The best one I ever owned was an 11 amp Porter Cable Tiger saw and it was a beast and they do not make it anymore. This would make a good thread, posting things known by names that are not intended for them. My favorite mistake and I will point it out is no one has a "hot water heater" a bit different but still a common mistake that is widely accepted.

There is so little natural rubber in some tires now that the question should possibly be “can I safely park my mostly plastic tires on my concrete floor”

my answer to this is: stop worrying about unimportant stuff and go ride your bicycle.

since riding your bicycle is said to be environmentally friendly, your should reward yourself with a beer when you get home.

just don’t spill it on the cement and/concrete floor as I’m worried you may damage it.

I just got a new battery last week for a 2015 Ram. The factory battery died at almost three years old. I replaced it with a Duralast Gold and that new battery shorted out in 4 months! Free replacement for 3 years so no cost, just a big PITA. Then that replacement died about a year later. Then that replacement died! I am now running on my 4th DuraNotLast battery since early 2018 when that battery was just a little over 100 bucks. They are now $232, about twice as much. But it still has a 3-year replacement warranty and I expect this new one will leave me stranded somewhere in the next 1.5 years. DURAnotLAST batteries are the BEST!
Damn that sucks.i was a die hard fan after optima batteries went to crap.in the last few years I've been getting interstate batteries and had very good luck so far anyway

my answer to this is: stop worrying about unimportant stuff and go ride your bicycle.
I have 12 sets of new tires and 4 sets of vintage tires they are actually very important to my bikes and my wallet, I can be worried if I want. A friend made a suggestion and I simply asked for clarification. The responses have varied from extremely useful to completely insulting, now I know that he was incorrect.
your should reward yourself with a beer
I do not drink and have not for over 5 years, I have my reasons. I would go into further explanation but I would rather not open myself to the negative comments from those who can see no other way than their own. Trust me some days I wish I still did.

@Fritz Katzenjammer I'm not sure what beer you drink but if it will damage a concrete floor you should change brands.

You cannot have concrete without cement but you can have cement without concrete FYI
Sol... its Mexican... you shouldn’t drink the water so who knows what's in the beer.

it removed dried bugs from the windshield on the motorcycle though, so its potent stuff!

Back