When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

parking bikes on concrete?

-
Teens and 20s you hand cranked to start then magneto's powered the ele. Has anyone priced a 12v car battery lately, the last time I bought one it was $79 plus core. My buddy just bought a new one $279.

I just got a new battery last week for a 2015 Ram. The factory battery died at almost three years old. I replaced it with a Duralast Gold and that new battery shorted out in 4 months! Free replacement for 3 years so no cost, just a big PITA. Then that replacement died about a year later. Then that replacement died! I am now running on my 4th DuraNotLast battery since early 2018 when that battery was just a little over 100 bucks. They are now $232, about twice as much. But it still has a 3-year replacement warranty and I expect this new one will leave me stranded somewhere in the next 1.5 years. DURAnotLAST batteries are the BEST!

I can't say as I've had any tires adversely react to concrete over the years. Granted, none of this was freshly poured concrete. Perhaps the myth originates from someone who parked on fresh concrete, which reacted with a tire in some odd condition(?). I will say direct sunlight, and parking next to an ozone-producing apparatus will cause a problem for the sidewalls. I would not worry about a well-cured concrete floor.

One of the oddest discussions I've seen for a while. I would think carpet if anything could have a reaction with rubber or nylon depending on type of carpet due to petroleum and other chemical reaction over a period of time. Same with rubber floor mats or any synthetic flooring. There...something new to worry about. White chocolate is a little too sweet, dark chocolate is defiantly more pleasing to the palate.

The "snow birds" here in Southwest Florida, tend to park their cars on 2 x 6 blocks of wood. then they bunjy cord their car cover to screw eyes attached to the boards.... I assumed it was primarily to protect the tires from the asphalt or concrete where they are parked for 6 months.... they must have to the memo!

Back