When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

frankabr.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found a 1961 Schwinn Jaguar Mark iv at the flea market for 50 dollars. Lots of original parts. It is a 3 speed, and has original pedals, bar grips, schwinn approved brakes, s7 rims, etc.

But what it does not have is the front and rear racks, the original seat, or the tank. (someone put an interesting baby seat on this men's bicycle)

The cost of obtaining these items makes such restoration cost prohibitive. It could be years before the bicycle would be worth that kind of investment.

Why are parts so expensive?

Should I hold onto the bicycle until I find someone them selling inexpensively, or is that a pipe dream.

It would be a shame to part out such an interesting and neat bike.

F.A.

Attachments

• DSC_0752.jpg
    DSC_0752.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 49
I have a pretty good black/white messinger S seat that I believe is correct for your bike 20 plus shipping.
You can check that box if you want.

Parts can be expensive because the overwhelming majority of bicycles are found missing parts as yours and it's economics of low supply...but keep in mind, this is a Schwinn and you'll find what you need more easily as these particular parts were on numerous models over numerous years.
My recommendation is to go to a swap and deal with a live person without shipping involved.
Chris

Remove the baby seat,clean it, grease it,wax it, and ride and enjoy it as it is.The correct parts may or may not show up but you can still enjoy riding it.

I recently found a 2-speed kick back '61 with a tank and the racks. But, mine is missing that sweet rear reflector that it looks like your's has. The Jaguars are great, sporty little riders; a great change of pace from riding a heavyweight.

Keep her.
Ride her.
Be patient.

Eventually you'll find the parts for the right price, or more likely you'll find a more complete bike down the rode.

1961 Jaguar Tank
http://db.tt/eOAofkG

Back