When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Clarification for 1949 Monark 26" Super Deluxe

-

Bruce1967

On Training Wheels
Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance for my 1949 Monark 26" men's Super Deluxe Bicycle that you helped me with in an earlier post. It has an older restoration and I want to source and replace some parts that are not correct on it. I'm looking for any information on the following parts and if there are any part numbers or markings related to them or possibly some one is willing to sell;

1. Crank- what is the correct length of the arms??
2. Crank Sprocket- is it 52 teeth ??
3. Rear New Departure Hub and Sprocket- is it 36 hole hub??, How many teeth on sprocket??
4. Front New Departure Hub - not sure what is required??
5. Pedals- not sure what is required??

I wouldn’t be too precise about the front hub. This bike in the picture is an all original 1949 girls model. The front hub is ND W and the rear is a D. I think 52/20 is common for boys bikes.

A51CA98E-A0F0-4C1F-8F50-B151750E0D00.jpeg

1F79B026-9041-4E62-BD53-06FA776E11CB.jpeg

45C8B7F9-8047-47FE-894E-F370CE38D2B1.jpeg

Hello all, I'm looking for some guidance for my 1949 Monark 26" men's Super Deluxe Bicycle that you helped me with in an earlier post. It has an older restoration and I want to source and replace some parts that are not correct on it. I'm looking for any information on the following parts and if there are any part numbers or markings related to them or possibly some one is willing to sell;

1. Crank- what is the correct length of the arms??
2. Crank Sprocket- is it 52 teeth ??
3. Rear New Departure Hub and Sprocket- is it 36 hole hub??, How many teeth on sprocket??
4. Front New Departure Hub - not sure what is required??
5. Pedals- not sure what is required??
Might want to include a pic of your bike in this post. V/r Shawn

Back