When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts seller red flag warning

-

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've bought many dozens of parts here and have never had a problem; I've dealt with the "sent me a money order" guy, lots of "PayPal F&F only" guys, the "gross it up if you send it 'PP Goods' " folks and even the eBay guys, never a problem until now.

In case you needed another "red flag warning" when buying parts from someone.....When you're seeing parts for sale and you don't recognize the screen name so you look and their previous sold threads have the photos deleted, that's a red flag. (https://thecabe.com/forum/index/archive-sold.73/) You might be tempted to overlook that red flag because they've been on the CABE for five years but the fact that they only have a few doz likes over that time should be a tip-off too.

You realize the problem when what was shown in the ad isn't what they send in the mail and there's no "proof" because they've deleted the part photo. Oh, and if you do screen shots to protect yourself, make sure to open up the pic when you do your screenshot, so your proof shows the entire part. Lesson learned. Hope this helps someone. And yes, I've tried to resolve the issue messaging the person two days ago and today w/o response, even as they post more parts for sale.

BTW-I'm NOT talking about a well-known seller from Canada who's been on here 10 years and has over 3K "likes" I've bought 1-2 parts from him and that went fine.

Last edited:
I buy parts on here and don’t want to deal with someone like that can you pm me his name if you don’t want to post it I’ve bought a lot of stuff here never had a problem but I don’t want to have one either

I buy parts on here and don’t want to deal with someone like that can you pm me his name if you don’t want to post it I’ve bought a lot of stuff here never had a problem but I don’t want to have one either
If you could PM myself as well Please … I buy a lot of parts as well with not a problem …
Bob

I have OCD, so I was deleting some of the photos I didn't like! OMG! You're banning me?
That's it, now I'm lost. I have no photos, no likes, no credit. I thought you guys liked me,
and that's what hurts the most. 🥺

Back