When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pashley Pickle help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
N

NathanR

Hi, I`m new to this forum and to restoring bikes. I bought an old Pashley Pickle trike and its in a sad state. I`m having problems in taking the rear wheels off. One wheel came off with the aid of a mallet and some WD40 but the other seems to be more stubborn. I have removed the nut holding the wheel on and an allen key headed bolt from the centre of the wheel which connects into axle, but still no movement. I have left it soaking overnight, just need some advice whether or not to get amongst it tomorrow with a mallet or is it part of the axle, im thinking its not because why would there be a bolt holding it to the axle?

Thanks

Nathan UK

Try using PB Blaster on it. I found that it works better than WD40. I had a AMF Tricycle that was rusted in a solid pile of metal and got every part to come loose using PB Blaster. I think most auto parts stores carry it.

I've heard of guys in the UK using something called PlusGas to crack things loose. A "judicious application of heat" as my old Sunbeam manual advised can usually help too. Personally, I'd try a three jaw puller instead of the mallet to pull the wheel off.

Back