When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PATINA !! Reproduction of aging tips tricks examples work

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
This is a thread to discuss how to reproduce patina. Post videos. Post examples. Tips and tricks or questions about a look you want or are curious about. Post trial and error adventures. Share Stories you've heard about aging techniques. Even stuff you may have tested. All things patina. Coming up.....

Anyone know how to age aluminum like the top part?

IMG_20221222_094714287_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221222_094706436.jpg

IMG_20221222_094718225_HDR.jpg

Weathering powders used in modeling work great on new fasteners and various other parts. The powder is actually fine oxidized metal dust so I'm not cheating too much here lol! I mix the powders with a very small amount of rubbing alcohol to get it workable, kind of like using water colors. With a small paint brush I apply a powder/alcohol mix, let dry, spray with flat clear coat and let dry. I repeat until I get the look or match I want. If I'm matching something I usually use few different powders in layers to get good match to the original patina. Here is a new horn button and screws I did a while ago.

I like the ole walk the two blocks to the beach and give them a good dip in the ocean, then throw them on the side of my shed and piss on them every night! Kidding about the pissing part, but I did a hoop and few other things and just forgot about them for awhile and nature and the dew from the ocean did their work! Honestly I have heard that the piss thing works well also, but I don’t pee on my parts on purpose….lol

Back