When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patina - What does it mean to you?

-
Patina to me means every bicycle I own.
I like bicycles to be used and display that history of said use proudly.
Restored bikes are lovely to look at, but in my experience rarely get used for their intended purpose, which makes me sad.
I like that I can still ride out on machines that are around 100 plus years old without a care in the world.
I clean them, grease and lubricate when/where necessary, repair if required and then ride, then possibly repair again.
Then ride some more!

I think that it all depends on the bike and its condition when received. Also how much og paint and chrome is left.and if the parts are original to the bike.i like em all as long as I can ride them.even the nice and shiny stuff.im lucky to ride with people that that own everything from kool hotrod kustoms to extremely rare 20k plus bikes and everything in between. good times either way.

My wife’s 3spd Breeze is loaded with rust but is probably the most fun, fast & well tuned cruisers we have. I have a few MantaRays but mainly ride BMX dirt jumps. If you’re in it for looks and money then patina & rust play a role but other than that I guess it’s personal preference & performance. Which is also how I feel the BMX game is.

...Something that cannot be faked by the greatest of faux patina painters.

I got as close as possible. Fake-tina Western Flyer.

20161101_104123.jpg

20161101_104412.jpg

Back