When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pattee Head Badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
its been a couple years so I thought I would check in. I still have the Patee Crest but haven't learned any more about it since this thread. I hope Martin C. Is still on here as I would like to know the year this photo was taken, the head badge seems to be the same shape as mine. I still haven't accurately dated the bike yet. I emailed American Pickers to see if they might be interested in it and be able to tell me more about it. They were interested enough to inquire further and ask for more pics but I believe I got lost in the shuffle and have since lost touch. I'd like to contact them again but it'll be hard because I'm sure they get hundreds of emails daily. Any new info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Greetings! My grandfather moved to Peoria sometime in mid/late 1898 from Indianapolis to join some of his brothers who were already working in Peoria for Pattee. I'm pretty certain of this timing given other documents (none directly related to Pattee). The photo would have then been taken in 1898 at the earliest. The photographer who took the photo also began operating in 1898 according to the Peoria city directories. It's possible that the photo was taken in 1899. I doubt that the photo was taken any later as by 1900 my grandfather no longer was working in the bicycle industry.

I hope this helps.

Back