When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paying Dues

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
Last night I woke in the middle of the night to an epiphany.
Thats when they happen for me. I get the answers that won't come to me in the day, and prods for what I should be doing, while I sleep. If its in my head, and it wont come to me right now, come see me tomorrow.
It occurs to me now, through a few daylight pokes, and then while wandering through dreamland, that I have been remiss. I have left out the best side of the "everything has two sides" conundrum.
Shocked into understanding over a decade ago, I now try my hardest to be a good example for all those people I come in contact with. I will no longer play in the fields of negativity or follow those that do. Sometimes I will point these things out and it seems that I myself may be a negative fool.
I realize this.
My Handle may be Schwinny, but that simply means that I have a fondness for Schwinn bikes. As many know by now, it certainly doesn't mean I know alot about Schwinns. I just grew up on one. Yes, just one, from 8 when it was too big for me, till 13 when it gave up the ghost. And I dont even recall what kind it was. I can sort of describe it, but its model didn't make a difference to me. I took the chain guard off early in its life with me. What caught me up in it was that it could jump ten bikes and land without killing me, or falling apart. Alot of my friends weren't so lucky in trying to keep up. It eventually did break in half, but that was long after I had the crown of "Evel Knievel of Chataqua Parkway." My nemesis with his Orange Krate wouldn't take it out of the driveway.
I've always chosen a Schwinn throughout my life because of that, and If my Father, who bought it for me used were to suddenly himself remember what kind of bike it was, and it turned out to be anything else, I'd appreciate it if he would keep it to himself :)

So, many here have seen my two posts in the CL, Ebay and "whatever" section here and they have alot of views. Me, relaying issues of bad behavior in relation to our bike hobby / obsessions. Some people have joined in, in one way or another to admonish, if not the people involved, then the ideal being broken. Some have looked the other way, and some have shaken their head, most likely figuring I sit on some sort of high horse.
Well I do, in one sense of the term. I wont put up with a lot of bad behavior nonsense and I also won't let it slide.
But, as I mentioned, I have been remiss.
There are two sides, and the other side is the best.
I have bought and sold a few things here and although there has been a hitch in one or two of the transactions, Everything has turned out great.

@bicyclebones does business the way I do. The way I ran my business before I retired and the very reason I was able to retire early. Honesty and integrity PAYS. He is beyond the average in honesty and attention. I actually noticed this when buying from him on Ebay several years ago, I wrote to him and mentioned that I ruined a couple decals and needed more, I bought more and he sent extras without mention, and in good time. And in the last transaction I did with him here through the CABE, although we all have our moments, he went above and beyond. I have bought quite a few things from him over time and will continue. I still can't get a long waterslide frame decal to apply without breaking it but....

@onecatahula included a part I thought I would have to make that would be needed for the part I bought from him to work. I knew it was missing, and these pieces aren't easy to come by, if not impossible when not with their original piece. But he found it and included it without holding it back for later sale. Very easy to deal with and he gives me the impression that I'd like him in person. Thats a rare thing when dealing with or "knowing" someone on the internet.
Also, to bring this to a close,
@ABC Services and @coasterbrakejunkie1969 come to mind in smooth and helpful transactions.
I'm sure there are a couple others, and consider yourselves included.
I'll remember you tonight Im sure.

Last edited:
Dan from bones is a excellent guy to deal with! Recently ordered fenders and rack from him and he sent fenders and a phantom tail light! I told him about it and he immediately said would send out the rack ASAP, I felt bad so I said I'd send him the$40 for the light and he responded saying it's only $25 and not to worry about it! I figure next time I buy something from him I'll just include that when I pay him! Great stuff and good person!!

This is and probably the only place I will go to talk old bikes, learn more about old bikes, buy parts and sell parts. Selling to people who know and understand what you're selling....buying from people who know and appreciate what they're selling etc. I have yet to do business with someone on here that I felt did me wrong in any way and actually have had a few long conversations with some good folks on here via phone. There are far too many good folks to list.....
My only sadness is I live nowhere near any of you guys and Im jealous when I see you fine folks out riding together. I ride alone 100% of the time....

Don’t feel bad taco. I also ride alone since I have no vintage groups near me but plenty of spandex modern model bike groups only.

Back