When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedal Backwards to Shift-The Cambio Corsa/Paris-Roubaix Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So now I am trying to establish how long are the "handles" on each version.
Here are my examples on the 'Cicli Vecchi'.
A fraction over 8cm for the top "handle" length...
20220130_101617.jpg

...and a fraction over 6cm for the lower "handle"...
20220130_101628.jpg

And just for fun, here is the length of the rods from the centre of the rear axle if anyone wishes to compare...
20220130_101657.jpg

The early prototype levers for the 'Cambio Corsa' system were different to the production versions, featuring a very different lower lever...
squadra-corse-1936.jpg

As to the "Paris-Roubaix" single lever system it seems that there have been 4 designs of 'stirrup' used.
Shown here from earliest (top) to latest (bottom)...
1949.jpg

type-2.jpg

type-3.jpg

type-4.jpg

...I think it's very interesting as to how the design was frequently updated over such a short period of time, presumably to increase efficiency in use.

The early prototype levers for the 'Cambio Corsa' system were different to the production versions, featuring a very different lower lever...
View attachment 1560208

As to the "Paris-Roubaix" single lever system it seems that there have been 4 designs of 'stirrup' used.
Shown here from earliest (top) to latest (bottom)...
View attachment 1560209

View attachment 1560210

View attachment 1560211

View attachment 1560212

...I think it's very interesting as to how the design was frequently updated over such a short period of time, presumably to increase efficiency in use.
Especially since these systems were outdated when they were introduced! V/r Shawn

-----

La G. Fiori di Shawn -

1643549209917.png

thanks so much for sharing this outstanding new acquisition! 🤩

framebuilder here evidently using up "what was in the bin" as Agrati bits of three differing ensembles are employed

head lugs are "BRIANZA" pattern ART. 000.8030/U. upper is item N. 000.8034, lower is item N. 000.8023.

seat lug is from "ROMA" ensemble ART. 000.8020/U and is item N. 023.8059.

bottom bracket shell is from ensemble "AM" ART. 000.8040/U

---

headset appears Way-Assauto

pedals Sheffield (Noli-Cattaneo) model Corsa Nr. 655

the 3TTT Gran Prix stem is one component later than cycle. first products from Tecno Tubo Torino launched 1963-64. earliest Gran Prix stem had hex expander rather than allen. perhaps machine's original set may have been from a maker such as Ambrosio, Schierano or Varese.

marvelous find - thank you again for sharing it! 😉

-----

I’m sure the first time you caught you fingers in the rotating spokes, you wished you had the long lever, “Sport” model.
This whole design seems so clunky, that I’m surprised it ever made it off the drawing board.
I can’t imaging Gino Bartali racing and winning the 1948 Tour de France on one of these systems.
That must have added a whole other level of exhaustion to it.
So archaic and cool though.
Thank you for sharing all these examples.

-----

La G. Fiori di Shawn -

View attachment 1560214

thanks so much for sharing this outstanding new acquisition! 🤩

framebuilder here evidently using up "what was in the bin" as Agrati bits of three differing ensembles are employed

head lugs are "BRIANZA" pattern ART. 000.8030/U. upper is item N. 000.8034, lower is item N. 000.8023.

seat lug is from "ROMA" ensemble ART. 000.8020/U and is item N. 023.8059.

bottom bracket shell is from ensemble "AM" ART. 000.8040/U

---

headset appears Way-Assauto

pedals Sheffield (Noli-Cattaneo) model Corsa Nr. 655

the 3TTT Gran Prix stem is one component later than cycle. first products from Tecno Tubo Torino launched 1963-64. earliest Gran Prix stem had hex expander rather than allen. perhaps machine's original set may have been from a maker such as Ambrosio, Schierano or Varese.

marvelous find - thank you again for sharing it! 😉

-----
Thanks for the excellent, as always, run down of components. I was aware that some of the components weren't contemporary to the bike but even with shipping from Italy the price was right. Some of my other bikes have bits that aren't exactly correct either but I'm going to leave them as-is. For the Bianchi I'm restoring I tracked down pretty much everything and it got expensive quick so the others I'll just enjoy as they are. V/r Shawn

Back