When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedal Backwards to Shift-The Cambio Corsa/Paris-Roubaix Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My understanding of the reason for the long reach caliper on the back, and the short reach on the front, is because the front fork has a vertical drop out, so the relationship between the rim and the brake pad doesn’t change.
Whereas, the rear/back wheel, has an adjustable range, due to the semi horizontal drop out.
So the rear caliper needed a larger adjustment range for the rim/brake pad relationship.
Not sure, if this is actually the case, but that’s just how it was explained to me.
That certainly makes sense since you will change the geometry between the caliper and the rim depending on where the hub axis is located in the drop-out compared to the rim-brake alignment (i.e. hub more to the rear needs longer reach; closer to the front needs shorter reach).
I haven't checked the reach of the Mod. 39 caliper, but the front is a short reach, and the rear has a substantially longer reach. The set of "Sport" calipers I have do not have such and extreme difference in reach (front short, rear medium); but the slot is also longer on the rear caliper.

Last edited:
Here’s another neat one.View attachment 1714473
View attachment 1714472
View attachment 1714474
View attachment 1714475
View attachment 1714476
View attachment 1714477
View attachment 1714478
View attachment 1714479
View attachment 1714480
I love everything about this bike, except for the size.
If this was a bigger bike, I think it would be on its way over here.🤩
This bike is travelling Stateside as of next week. I managed to personally contact the owner by phone and we are bypassing ebay and dealing direct. Really nice guy!!
$400 dropped off price and shipping is included. Bike was mechanically serviced and is riding condition (before being diassembled for packing). This is my size and should be a more comfortable regarding reaching the levers.

400 including shipping ? I'd say he's a really nice guy, sounds almost to good to be true. I really liked the bike and thought about buying it

Yeah, wow!
If you got that bike for $400 shipped, he practically paid you to take it off his hands.
Smoking deal!
Congrats!
I’ll be looking forward to your posts about it and your experience’s with it.

I think @Jesper means he got a $400 discount off of the original price.
A good deal nonetheless; but if you got it for $400 including shipping, WOW!!!!!
The owner does not really run a major online business just someone working from his house. Most of his items are old tobacco pipes and stands with a few bike items mixed in. He preferred selling direct because of not having to pay any ebay fees, and even provided a reference for a previous buyer from New York to whom he sold an old Colnago via direct sale. Thankfully, his English is better than my Italian. He made both the reduced bike cost offer and the offer to include the shipping, which I was prepared to pay (€150; more than fair!) in one go. It definitely surprised me. Possibly because there were no bidders by the end of the auction (I never put in a bid); and I had already contacted him well prior to the auction termination date and still received his offer before the auction was finished. He had the bike professionally serviced, but he is disassembling the bike himself.

Last edited:
I noticed that too!
What gives?
I saw it was also still listed; not sure why. It's been paid for! I purchased it after the initial auction was over when there were no bids. I had contacted him well before the end of that auction. Possibly he was making sure he didn't miss a sale in case our deal fell through (me not paying), and relisted it until payment was received. I know I had about a 48 hr delay between my payment and it being credited to his account. I have protection regarding the the fund transfer if something goes awry. I got a message (11/2) saying he was sending photos of it being dismantled and packed. I will trust Sebastiano.
I have been more often screwed by ebay allowing their sellers to fraudulently back out of deals by lying (and at times openly admitting to it in ebay's messaging) as a means to cancel an order (e.g. buyer requested cancellation, cannot ship to address, changed shipping costs after sale, shipped incomplete orders, etc.); all "purchases" were lost as well as some clients. Ebay's "customer service experts" are a joke!
I am checking NOW to see if bike was removed from listings.

Edit: listing has been removed.

Last edited:
Back