When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedal question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Roger seitzmeir

Look Ma, No Hands!
So I keep breaking the pedals on my cwc hawthorn. I ride it distances, and about every 40 to 50 miles the pedals bind up, twist, break off or freeze. I am looking for information on what type will hold up, are there rebuildable ones? Am I better off going with a newer set? Would like to stay with an original pair, but need to be able to count on them working. I will say that the replacements that I am using are not great quality, and are whatever I can find from other bikes. Thanks

What type of pedals are you going through? If serviced and have good bearings the Torrington 8/10s will go hundreds of miles trouble free. V/r Shawn

I don’t know the type of pedals that I’m using, but Find that when I’m standing on them for longer hill climbs that they break. How do I find the brand?

Show us a pic of what you are riding and the pedals that are breaking. V/r Shawn

Back