When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Pedal to the Metal" Based in GA for all the SE U.S. >> SAT. March 7th 2020 Swap Meet

-
Started off a little chilly but at least the sun was out and got to catch up with some old buds and met a couple new ones. Thanks to Dave @Classic Cool Rides for putting this on and ot those who came out @Phattiremike @jimbo53 @DB ReTodd @bobbystillz @dasberger @deepsouth @Toysoldier @JOEL @badbob @Sprockets @DonChristie @onecatahula

Last edited:
Thank you Shawn @Freqman1 for the great array of pictures! I will add a few more pictures tomorrow as well ... and Shawn there was at least a couple other CABE'r to add to your list of participants above : @wnc rider came down from Asheville, NC to join us AND @onecatahula (Pete) and "Buddy" . And we had some additional good company (non forum members), like Jeff Lohmueller from Atlanta, Brian & Katherine from Charlotte,NC ... Thomas from Atlanta, Justin from Ellijay, GA and Randy from Madison, GA ... and Keith from Smyrna, TN were a few I know for sure. All-in-all I believe there was about 25 Vintage Bike vendors. A little lighter than normal, I would say. We DID have about 6 (or so) vendors that were "1st timers" here today. BUT some regulars we have been getting didn't make it, unfortunately.
The money changing hands was described by a number of folks I talked to as "fair" ...
It is a big challenge to increase the number of the "Buying Public" ... I advertised here on the CABE, and on RRB, on Craigslist, and Facebook (along with @Sprockets and @Toysoldier ) and Brad the promoter of the NE GA Swap Meet with thousands of "followers" on Facebook.
I would say that 90% of the buying & selling was between the vendors ... the biggest challenge is to turn up the buying volume with the "public" ... the folks coming thru the ticket counter at the main entrance.
Next up >>> the Very Popular "Get-A-Grip" Show & Swap Meet in JUST 3 weeks (March 28th) !!
The Fall "Pedal-to-the-Metal" will be in OCT ... (I believe the 10th ... but I will update this date as we get closer)
Thank you once again for a Great Number of CABE'rs who came out this morning! Cheers! CCR Dave

Last edited:
Here are some more pics to enjoy!
First up .... Mike D @Phattiremike with some of his bikes and parts tables >>>>

NEXT UP .... Mike and Jimbo @jimbo53 swapping some stories and wisdom >>>

NEXT UP .... some of Jimbo's bikes and parts >>>>

NEXT UP .... some of Shawn's @Freqman1 bikes for sale >>>

NEXT UP ..... David Orr's @Toysoldier COOL P-10 Rig and some of his Muscle Bikes on display ... A VERY Rare GIRLS Muscle Bike too >>>

NEXT UP .... Chuck's @Sprockets bikes and parts and GA BULLDAWG flag ;) .....

This should EXCITE the Muscle Bike Crowd out there !! KOOLESTUFF (Gary) and Keith from Smyrna TN had the MUSCLE !!! >>>

MORE MUSCLE ..... JUST Purchased at the Swap Meet by Justin from Ellijay, GA from Gary's KOOLESTUFF selection HAPPY GUYS !!

Our ATL was represented by Bobby @bobbystillz and his COOL CUSTOM and rare tandem AND Colorful PARTS !! >>>

Brian and his wife Katherine came down from Charlotte NC area with some good stuff >>>

Here is a shot of my stuff Classic Cool Rides >>>

Some of my other pictures were very similar shots that Shawn has already posted FAR ABOVE .... so if I didn't highlight your Goods ... please don't feel I left you out ... or am playing "favorites".... just didn't want to duplicate what Shawn had already posted !!
CHEERS !! CCR Dave

P.T.M. 3.07.20 KEITHS BIKES AND GARY.jpg

I've been away for a few days. Another fun event Dave... thanks for having Mason and I. I did not sell any bikes but did move a good bit off the parts table. See you next year,

-Mike

I've been away for a few days. Another fun event Dave... thanks for having Mason and I. I did not sell any bikes but did move a good bit off the parts table. See you next year,

-Mike
Hey Mike! It was great seeing you and Mason there! Mason was tearing up the asphalt on his 24" Schwinn FLEET !! He was having a Blast :p

Remember the NEXT Pedal-to-the-Metal is OCTOBER 10th 2020 .... BUT I will see you even sooner than that at Get-A-Grip in just 2 weeks!!!

I saw some of your collection on display at NorthStar Bicycle today ... AND ... they were hard at work on your Vintage rear-steer Tandem!!

THAT will be a Cool Ride with the Historic Signage on it .... Cheers! Dave

Back