When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedal to the Metal Swap Meet, Commerce, GA. September 4th

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a great time and as others mentioned always great to see everyone again but especially Dave Marzens after he's been through. Sold 3 bikes and a good bit of smalls. I did not take pictures, sorry.

-mike

Wow, what a great day! It was so great to see everyone again! As Shawn mentioned, there was plenty of friends to see, that we may not have seen each other in close to a year, as well as making new friends and talking about the next event in Cleveland, Tn., the Get A Grip show and swap on November 6th. A real big thank you to all that showed up and made a special day out of what was the last bike swap meet at the drag strip, until 2022 when it will be held at an undetermined location. Will post pictures soon.

It was worth the drive down to see all the BikeHeads! I only took 2 pics! Good times!

918B7254-26EC-46E3-B84A-6A6BBF37C687.jpeg

0A72B194-4A04-4FC5-A678-D882C5F48846.jpeg

PICTURES!! (please note that I missed a few that left before I got all around ... these were taken "after peak" timing) ....

Some comments between each picture ..... CHEERS!! CCR Dave

ALSO in attendance BUT I didn't get pictures (sorry!) @Roger honeycutt - @DB ReTodd - @deepsouth - @auto1cycle2 Mark Gordon from Greenville
  • Michael from Cartersville, GA - Paul and his wife who rides a JC Higgins ColorFlow from Anderson,SC
  • KEN (newcomer) from Cobb Co. GA - Brad and Lisa from Greenville, SC
P.S. >>>> The "Pedal-to-the-Metal" Swap Meet has always been a special "Division" of the www.NEGeorgiaSwapMeet.com
in a BI-ANNUAL meet ..... the N.E. GA Swap Meet MUST MOVE from the current Atlanta Speedway Pit Area
The owner of the DragStrip (NHRA) has sold the property and SADLY the Drag Strip will be bull-dozed to make room for more CONDOS
and Retail Shopping .... WE will try our best to follow up with our BI-ANNUAL Swap Meets along with Brad and the NE GA Swap Meet

at a NEW Location which is T.B.D. (stay tuned for further updates)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
These first pics are of @Sprockets set-up... Chuck is my CO-promoter and CO-organizer AND one of the NICEST guys I know!!
Because of my weak muscles (after 6+ months in the hospital due to COVID) .... Chuck did ALL my heavy lifting and set-up at 5:30 AM
.... and the reloading was a split between @DonChristie and his co-pilot Doug (from Charlotte area) as well as Chuck .... THANK YOU ALL !!

Here is Chuck's spread: (and out in front is @DB ReTodd Blue Stretch LowRider with hydraulics !!

NEXT UP IS @JOEL SPREAD .... THANK YOU JOEL FOR ALWAYS COMING FROM BIRMINGHAM, AL TO SUPPORT THIS EVENT !!
Thank you Joel for all the TANK deals I got and the Black Phantom Survivor ... Thank you to Joel's co-pilot ALAN who purchased a
Western Flyer Pre-war project bike from me!!

NEXT UP MIKE D @Phattiremike WHO ALSO MAKES EVERY EVENT... HERE OFTEN WITH HIS HELPER: (GRANDSON MASON)
THANK YOU MIKE AND MASON !!

NEXT UP IS SHAWN S @Freqman1 SPREAD AND BOX-O-TANKS .... THANK GOD SHAWN MADE IT BACK SAFELY FROM AFGHANISTAN !
THANK YOU SHAWN AND HEIDI FOR ALWAYS MAKING THE SCENIC TRIP TO COMMERCE!! ... I WISH I HAD TAKEN A PICTURE
OF SHAWN BECAUSE HE IS NOW COMPETING WITH BILLY GIBBONS OF ZZ TOP .... WITH HIS MASSIVE BUSHY BEARD

NEXT UP IS @jimbo53 SPREAD .... THANK YOU JIMBO FOR ALWAYS MAKING THE JOURNEY FROM NEAR CHARLOTTE, NC
JIMBO ALWAYS BRINGS SOMETHING THAT I MUST HAVE .... WE DID SOME GOOD OLE' SWAPPIN'

NEXT UP IS A TRUCK-LOAD OF CYCLE TRUCKS BELONGING TO MIKE FROM INDIANA !! .... THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME FOR MIKE TO MAKE THE
COMMERCE SWAP .... UNFORTUNATELY, THERE WERE NOT TOO MANY BUYERS FOR CYCLE TRUCKS HERE .... BUT MIKE MADE THE BEST OUT
OF HIS PICKUP TRUCK BED FITTING 4 CYCLE TRUCKS IN THERE.... MIKE WAS ALSO GOING TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER AND FAMILY IN
GREENVILLE, SC ON THIS TRIP .... IF THERE WAS A "LONG-DISTANCE" AWARD .... MIKE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE

NEXT UP IS MY GOOD FRIEND JEFF FROM ATLANTA (AKA "PONY-TAIL" JEFF) WHO BROUGHT A BUNCH OF VINTAGE ROAD BIKES....
PROBABLY THE MOST MIXTEE FRAMES I HAVE SEEN IN ONE PLACE SINCE THE MIXTEE "NEW BIKE" CRAZE IN THE LATE '70's

NEXT UP ARE NEWCOMERS BRAD AND LISA WITH A GREAT MIX OF PRODUCT WITH SUPER PRICING! IN THE BACKGROUND IS ANOTHER
FRIEND FROM EASTPOINT, GA ALSO NAMED MIKE .... UNFORTUNATELY MIKE'S SELECTION WAS ALREADY RELOADED AND COVERED
BY THE TIME I MADE IT BACK FOR PICTURES

AND LAST UP IS MY SPREAD AND MY "SHOP TRUCK" 63 CHEVY STEP SIDE PLAYING "CHICKEN" WITH A VINTAGE FORD PICKUP TRUCK
UNDER THE TENT ARE SUPER-GREAT FRIENDS OF MINE: ROGER AND SHARON HONEYCUTT WHO CAME DOWN FROM BURNSVILLE, NC
CHATTING IT UP WITH OUR GOOD FRIEND: DON CHRISTIE

NEXT UP .... HERE IN THE SOUTH .... IS GET-A-GRIP SHOW AND SWAP MEET IN CLEVELAND, TN ON SAT. NOV. 6TH

SEE YOU THERE!! CCR DAVE (LISTED IN THE "EVENTS" SECTION)

Last edited:
Back