When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedals removed, but why..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I always take them off to transport to a bike show or winter storage. I can get 7 across the van with the pedals on and 10 across with the pedals removed. Makes a huge difference when you have 3 rows. Plus cardboards slides between them better so the don't chip the paint on the one beside it. After the show I'm too lazy to put them back on.
Once or twice of you trying to seperate them, you will see...

. My phone was obsolete about 5 years ago. Now if I should try to type - it will shift screen and end transmission. I slept on my answer so will just say this. With the pedals tied and hanging you can see condition of them and assume bike has come to market as found. Without being picked apart by dealers.

Last edited:
I am new to this hobby, and am noticing many bike photos, especially on well preserved classics in the sale forum do not have pedals on the bikes. I would assume they have them but are removed for some reason, as so many seem to be this way. I could guess as to why, but want to know the reason..
hidden, not ridden.

OK, I understand Mike, but we're also not supposed to divert threads so inquiries about available parts need to be addressed directly to the person in question. Start your own thread if needed.

Another part or accessory as a candidate for removal or set-aside might often be an aftermarket Wald wire front basket, (if applicable).

Back