When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedals wanted for 1899 Columbia shaft drive

-

Boatman

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi, I am looking for some pedals for an 1898 Columbia shaft drive. Unfortunately the ones that are on it are very modern and it is difficult to find 1/2" threaded pedals in the UK. They will need shipping to the UK, obviously. Trying to find the correct, engraved, Columbia ones is pretty much a tall order so any of the same era would be better than what I have at the moment.
Thank you,
Dave

Dave,
I sell exact reproduction Columbia pedals that are very detailed copied from the originals.
$650 per pair that are 1/2"-20 right and left hand threaded.
Shipping cost to you would be additional.
I can make transactions through Paypal Friends and Family option.
Best to directly contact me directly at [email protected].
Photos attached.
Mike Cates
Carlsbad, CA.

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

I forgot to mention that the pedals have "stamped" dates and lettering like the originals and are not engraved. The lettering and script fonts were copied from original pedals and custom stamping dies were made to produce them as close as possible.
There are modern ball bearings and hardened races hidden within and run smooth like a brand new pair.
Hardened and tempered pedal shafts as well.
An extrusion die was made especially to produce the black rubber inserts that were copied from original pedals.
-Mike Cates

That's interesting thank you. We sold a Columbia shaft drive that was from a club members collection and that had engraved pedals. I assumed that they were what had been fitted originally but seeing yours it gives me a better scope. I have quite a lot of early pedals but all 9/16" and not 1/2". I have some 1/2" spindles but cannot match them with similar sized pedals.

Back