When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peerless "Speed Ease" Tank Bike Restore

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I put on a new front wheel because several spokes were broke. Cleaned up the back wheel. Washed the whole bike. Turned out pretty good.

One odd thing. Seems like the steering is designed to keep the front wheel straight in line with the bike. When turning the handlebars it takes a little effort to get it off center, then is turns easily. Almost like it was made this way. Has anyone ever noticed a bike steering like that?

20220618_080004.jpg

I found out what causes that "Indexed Steering" ("Brinelling"). It's bearings that have worn into a fixed position and like to rest there. Now I need to figure out how to get new bearings for the steering head.

I found out what causes that "Indexed Steering" ("Brinelling"). It's bearings that have worn into a fixed position and like to rest there. Now I need to figure out how to get new bearings for the steering head.
Thats a sweety.
If the headset needs more than a good cleaning and re-grease, Im sure someone here has a proper headset.
Put a want ad up in the "parts wanted" section.

Back