When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect Patina Matches

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Need opinions…I really think bikes without carriers look naked. So I have this CWC double bar roadster (Hawthorne), and this carrier looks like a pretty darn close match, but it has a secondary support, and I don’t have a corresponding hole in the fender. Do I a) keep looking, b) see if I can figure out a way to do a bumper to protect the fender, or c) drill a small hole in the bumper to fasten it correctly?

Bonus points if someone has a blue prewar CWC carrier they want to sell or trade me.

View attachment 1960014

View attachment 1960015
I'd call that a wrap. Great match and another blue one is sure to come up in blue in better shape one of these times, sans hold requirement.
Great looking bike, I share the same need of one. Need a full dresser 🙃

Robin

Need opinions…I really think bikes without carriers look naked. So I have this CWC double bar roadster (Hawthorne), and this carrier looks like a pretty darn close match, but it has a secondary support, and I don’t have a corresponding hole in the fender. Do I a) keep looking, b) see if I can figure out a way to do a bumper to protect the fender, or c) drill a small hole in the bumper to fasten it correctly?

Bonus points if someone has a blue prewar CWC carrier they want to sell or trade me.

View attachment 1960014

View attachment 1960015
Do not drill a hole in the fender. If the rack is secured to the seat post and the legs to the lower mount tab there should be no reason for that rack too mount to the fender

View attachment 1960014

View attachment 1960015

I wouldn't drill a hole.

Here's what I would do: Put a strip of gaffers tape on the bracket where it meets the fender (so it wont scratch the fender), then cut the head off a screw and glue it to the rack bracket with E6000 glue (holds strong, dissolves with WD40 with no residue should you need to remove it). Will look like its screwed to the fender with no hole added.

One of my other hobbies is movie props so I've gotten pretty good at faking things :)

Ok, patina match or long awaited reunion?, bought this CWC built Western Flyer tank 35 yrs ago I think at Ann Arbor covered in black paint then I picked up this bike earlier this yr out of the Detroit area covered in black paint! Green CWC WF's are not to common and I remember back in the day people just pulling off tanks and cutting off springers/headset/badges etc. and throwing them in a box for the swap so could see a tank off a spray-bombed bike showing up so who knows?, if you think they are different shades both frame & tank have matching shades in different areas. would be a great story reunited after all these years! or just a patina match

1703834600431.png

1703834636572.png

1703834688469.png

1703834722318.png

Picked up a nicely patinaed flashlight for "Crusty". Doesn't currently work, but may be fixable. I'm planning on patinaing the mount too.

GEDC5313.JPG

Back