When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect Patina Matches

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've told this before, but it's a "Doosey!!" ( term came from Duesenberg cars I think?)

The '47ish Rollfast was without tank or rack when my buddy traded a Allied Van Lines steel truck and van for the bike when he worked at Harley Davidson of Winnipeg back in the early 80's. After a divorce ( been there done that since) and downsizing, he sold it to my (ex) Brother in law in about '92. He hardly rode it.

I airbrushed a vintage original toy Kingsbury Golden Arrow tin car for him ( ex Bro in law) and got the bike in payment. I sourced the tank from Jerry Jr. ( Yes, it was $$ pricey) and Uncle Remus/Carl Duke ( Caber) donated ( Roadmaster?) rack so it all matched up nicely. My buddy ( original owner) found a Rolly chain ring I fitted on.

I rode it for a couple of years, loved it until it got stolen by some punk in about 2012 ( like in Pee Wee's Big Adventure) while outside my garage late at night while I was trying to come around and open the overhead door.

I frantically searched thru the weekend with posters in stores, power poles, light posts, questioned area folks, phoned the police, only to have a local bike shop phone me a couple days later telling me a good citizen snagged it off some punk who it certainly didn't belong too!! Come and get it! I had a small decal on the seat post of when I used to work at that bike shop, so they kinda knew it had to be Bob's!! ( not many collectors of ballooners up here). SWEET!!

I owned it again!! Then traded it last year to a local Caber/Oldy 57 ( only 2 Cabers in the city of 600,000+ I know of?) He took it out to California in the back of his truck on vacation for a beach ride last Winter. Still has some Cali beach sand on it. Then I got it back in a trade with Oldy57 this Summer. He put a KILLER set of grey and red pinstriped wheels on while he owned it from a doner bike. Nice match..EH?

The other bike/a Monark/Rat, I built starting with the tank. Fun stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 146
  • rolly 1.JPG
    rolly 1.JPG
    445 KB · Views: 155
  • orange rims 4.JPG
    orange rims 4.JPG
    440.8 KB · Views: 245
  • whites 2.JPG
    whites 2.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0275.JPG
    IMG_0275.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 150
This is my patina match, a '41 CWC All American. The headlight had rotted off the bike after forty some years sitting outside, a fork spring was broken, and the drop stand was mia but thanks to stezell (headlight) and mynameislegion (spring & stand) the bike is almost complete. Just need a good original seat and the rack taillight. Thanks, Gary.

Front rim was badly bent on my Shelby. Bad enough it couldn’t be straightened. Grabbed my dad’s bikes front rim and did some spoke lacing magic. Front rim looks like it was always there. Works out good as I was going to repaint the rims for my dad’s old bike anyhow

Back