When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perhaps my last thread before being banned from the CABE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I mean, dude, if it’s from the ground up Frankenstein parts bike, being that close to the cusp of 40-41 then pick whatever you like. 40 or 41. They are kids bikes after all. No point in pulling your hair out. It seriously could have been either one. Seriously… remember, kids bike.. not a numbers matching 1967 L88 vette.. :)
It really came down to the paint scheme and ( a very distant second consideration) the chain guard.

I am to understand that the ‘40/‘41 model year was on the cusp of a styling change.

I figured that if I ever want to go “more correct” on this this bike in the future, It would be more expedient to get the most correct parts ( and paint ) out of the way from the get go.

Given the difficulty in finding some of the parts, due to the increasing popularity of the DX model, I also figured there’s no better time to source the right stuff than “right now”.

At a minimum, I’m trying to stay within the prewar Schwinn DX genre. I mean, if I’m going to build a Frankenbike, I really don’t want to build it up with parts from, say... a late model Huffy or something ( shudder ).

[ Not that there’s anything wrong with a good Huffman .. ]

I’m expecting a parts package from another CABE member soon, which should get me very close to starting the build.

I’d like to actually RIDE it more than obsess
about sourcing parts. To your point, I couldn’t agree with you more!

Cheers !

It really came down to the paint scheme and ( a very distant second consideration) the chain guard.

I am to understand that the ‘40/‘41 model year was on the cusp of a styling change.

I figured that if I ever want to go “more correct” on this this bike in the future, It would be more expedient to get the most correct parts ( and paint ) out of the way from the get go.

Given the difficulty in finding some of the parts, due to the increasing popularity of the DX model, I also figured there’s no better time to source the right stuff than “right now”.

At a minimum, I’m trying to stay within the prewar Schwinn DX genre. I mean, if I’m going to build a Frankenbike, I really don’t want to build it up with parts from, say... a late model Huffy or something ( shudder ).

[ Not that there’s anything wrong with a good Huffman .. ]

I’m expecting a parts package from another CABE member soon, which should get me very close to starting the build.

I’d like to actually RIDE it more than obsess
about sourcing parts. To your point, I couldn’t agree with you more!

Cheers !

Have you thumbed thru this thread yet? Lot's of great looking DX's to add more confusion? haha!

Back