When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Period" 700c clincher tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just bought a pair or reddish brown Shwalbe Little Big Bens.
I was contemplating these, but really wanted a red closer to original color.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436934257.280955.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436934265.081711.jpg

European seller: http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Tire...me.html?listtype=search&searchparam=28" tires

I like those Linus tires.

Nick,
for what its worth, most bright red tired fade in a matter of months with sun and actual outdoor riding.

I always wonder with fixie hipsters and kids get the cool faded brick red tires, basically they are brand new bright red tires, just used up.
Or leave the fires out in the sun, just make sure to flip them once a week.

Has anyone seen those white wall and green Schwalbe tires in person?

Funny thing about this thread, I finally broke down and bought some modern singletube or tubular tires, tire tape. I just need to do the slime in them as well. Will report back once all mounted a riding. Bought some Tufo Tires
I have a restored bike that has really nice original metal clads.

Last edited:
I know many tend to use Amsterdams due to color and lack of any logos or reflective strips, but the tread bugs me. Maybe I'm being overly picky?

OK........so ALL these would fit on an old clincher rim? And yes.......any tires without logos or reflective strips would look more "period".

Don

the amsterdams look like dog doo just because of the tread.........it stinks of 21st "mart" type bikes.....kmart...walmart.....cheap,gross etc........our vintage bikes are like art pieces and the tire combos make them look like cheap garbage (sorta like the plastic world of the 21st century)

the amsterdams probably look good with the treads ground off......with treads? horrible

All the tires I listed including the Linus are available in several sizes, including 700/28/29r(whatever you wanna call it, but most importantly an ISO of 622)

Back