When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Period" 700c clincher tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK........so ALL these would fit on an old clincher rim? And yes.......any tires without logos or reflective strips would look more "period".

Don

There are a few tires out there that somewhat resemble an early tread design if you squint a little. The Kendas may not be a top of the line tire, but I think they look pretty darn good. Kinda resemble a teens button tread, as do the Schwalbe Century. If the logo is stripped off the Freedom Thickslicks, they look like really early treadless singletubes. Too bad the larger 29r size is not offered in white.

I just bought a 1905ish elgin king and ordered cbitalia wheels.( my family lives in Italy and can get them much cheaper then ebay or their website) im now tire shopping. Has anyone here removed any writing or reflective strips on tires? I'm looking at the schwalbes that luxlow sells but all the writing on the sidewalls are keeping me from buying em. Sorry I just figured this thread was the best place to ask.
Thanks in advance-kenny.

I just bought a 1905ish elgin king and ordered cbitalia wheels.( my family lives in Italy and can get them much cheaper then ebay or their website) im now tire shopping. Has anyone here removed any writing or reflective strips on tires? I'm looking at the schwalbes that luxlow sells but all the writing on the sidewalls are keeping me from buying em. Sorry I just figured this thread was the best place to ask.
Thanks in advance-kenny.

I still haven't gone further than removing the strips. There is a link posted here from a German forum where they show how to removing the logos

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?74850-Get-rid-of-those-pesky-reflective-strips!

WTB 700c-38 Pathway on CB Italia wood rim compared to original 28" Singletube on Steel Clad wood rim. The dusty part on the WTB tire makes it appear slightly narrower, but they're nearly identical in dimension overall.

13866299925_32c63819ca_k-1.jpg
Untitled by VW Sightings, on Flickr

I think these may no longer be in production so recommending them is kinda pointless. The pic is mainly to show the similarity in dimension to the original.

the amsterdams look like dog doo just because of the tread.........it stinks of 21st "mart" type bikes.....kmart...walmart.....cheap,gross etc........our vintage bikes are like art pieces and the tire combos make them look like cheap garbage (sorta like the plastic world of the 21st century)

the amsterdams probably look good with the treads ground off......with treads? horrible

"Always captain positive!"

To address the assumption that ANY of these tires will fit on an OLD 28" CLINCHER RIM the answer is NO. These are 700c w/ antique style treads

OK........so ALL these would fit on an old clincher rim? And yes.......any tires without logos or reflective strips would look more "period".

Don

Back