When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perry Hubs......

-
I bought an 18" length of Grade 7 3/8" X 24 TPI rod and made a couple of axles for 2 of my riders.

Well,Count the threads over a 1" span and measure the diameter. That will narrow it down. If you count 24 Threads Per Inch (TPI) you have an axle that was common to most coaster brake hubs back in the day,although not common @ todays bike shops. They're still available online pretty cheap.

Well, the only issue is, somebody jammed incorrect nuts on it and totally screwed up both ends of the axle. I had to cut it apart to save the hub internals. I'll post pics of it later.

Well, the only issue is, somebody jammed incorrect nuts on it and totally screwed up both ends of the axle. I had to cut it apart to save the hub internals. I'll post pics of it later.
3/8-24 screws are still available from the larger hardware stores. Take one of your cones and try a screw in it?

Sports car place didnt have anything. Screw it...... tore it down and tapped and died it all 3/8, 24!
20180214_191637.jpg

I had a similar komet hub. But the thing wouldn't brake without pedal going half way around. I threw it away. Only way I can ride any distance gotta be close to NOS.parts. most coasters from back in the day are worn out.

Back