When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Persons G519 WW2 Saddle or parts

-

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

I recently acquired a put-together G519 Persons bicycle saddle. I knew the springs were good New Old Stock military, but unfortunately I was not so lucky with the rest of it, which was a mix of non fitting or junk parts. I'm OK with that, but I now need to find the missing parts, or a complete saddle.

Below, military springs

(Photo, Nate)

Below, what I have

(Photo, Nate)

What I need. Either a full saddle, or parts to build these springs up.

I understand that the saddle clamp is unique to this spring frame. Standard Persons saddles of this type have 1 inch wide frame bars. These are heavier duty at 1 1/8 inch.

The picture below shows some New Old Stock ones (long sold), and I'm aware there were some replicas made a few years ago.

Rustjunkie is also searching for these.

(Photo, Andrew O'Bryan)

The Persons saddle pan should be around 11 inches long by 9.5 inches wide. The bottom pan might be correct, but the top pan is from a ladies saddle. So, I'm looking for either the correct matched bottom and top, or a correct top pan.

Courtesy of tomato John, here are some excellent pics of what it should look like.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

PS, though I'm in France, I can arrange a US shipping address if that's a problem.

Back