When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Persons Schwinn Stingray Early Stingray Polo Seat Seats

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$145 Each
Payment Terms
Cash at pickup or Paypal F&F
Zipcode

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
Prefer pick up from me in San Jose, CA only. If you need it shipped I could put a single one of these seats in a flat rate priority mail shipping box as it is for $20 for one seat. Seats were purchased with the intent to recover them. Clamps are on there good. Do not look to have been drilled for rear seat tags. $145 each, $280 for the pair. If you are local and can come for these perhaps we can do some trading for Stingray parts you may have. I am keeping a few others of these pans in case someday I need to have one recovered.

102_4478.JPG

102_4479.JPG

102_4480.JPG

102_4481.JPG

102_4482.JPG

102_4483.JPG

102_4484.JPG

102_4485.JPG

102_4486.JPG

102_4487.JPG

102_4488.JPG

102_4489.JPG

102_4490.JPG

102_4491.JPG

102_4492.JPG

102_4493.JPG

102_4494.JPG

102_4495.JPG

102_4496.JPG

102_4497.JPG

102_4498.JPG

102_4499.JPG

Mike, Persons supplied this same seat to many bike brands. The solo polo seats used by Schwinn for the Stingrays had a white paper sticker/decal on the pan and all were drilled with Persons tags riveted on the rear. The seats used by other brands didn't have the sticker but had Persons stamped in the rear of the pan like yours. Some of these used by other brands had riveted tags while others did not. They are all the same seat/pans from Persons but that is why yours don't have tags. Half of my Stingrays with recovered seats have the stamping while the other half do not, but all have tags riveted on as part of the seat restoration - GLWS

Thanks. Right. You are correct and thanks for clarifying that these pans did not come on a Stingray when they were new seats as there are no holes drilled for the seat tags. The Persons Worcester Mass metal tags. These pans are the same pans used on the Stingrays and some of the other brand bikes. These would be to restore then recover most likely. One could get one of the Reproduction Persons Worcester Mass tags and perhaps even the white reproduction one rider at a time sticker with red lettering for the pan bottom on Ebay perhaps. The Persons tags were even a bit different around the rivets for the early Stingrays if I remember correctly.

Thanks. Right. You are correct and thanks for clarifying that these pans did not come on a Stingray when they were new seats as there are no holes drilled for the seat tags. The Persons Worcester Mass metal tags. These pans are the same pans used on the Stingrays and some of the other brand bikes. These would be to restore then recover most likely. One could get one of the Reproduction Persons Worcester Mass tags and perhaps even the white reproduction one rider at a time sticker with red lettering for the pan bottom on Ebay perhaps. The Persons tags were even a bit different around the rivets for the early Stingrays if I remember correctly.
yep, that's what I said, agree

The paper pan stickers and the Persons tags/rivets are readily available. The very early 63 Stingray used a "dog ear" Persons tag for a short run, then the more common rectangular tag for the duration

You have good seats there to restore for sure

Not all Persons seat pans are created equal. The can be a huge difference between pans in the location of the sissy bar holes. Some have the holes closer the back of the seat than others allowing them to fit sissy bars of a different widths. The wrong one will never fit a Stingray sissy properly.

All the polo pans like these I have had seem to be the same, the banana seat pans maybe are different. These polo pans were used on the early Stingray with the square back axle mount struts. I have had non Persons banana seats that are way off and like you said do not fit a seat strut off a Stingray. Thanks.

All of the Persons Solo Polo seats I have on and off bikes, probably 2 dozen now, and those I've ever had fit inside the square back Persons struts used on 63-64 Stingrays. That is both the originals for Stingrays with the white pan sticker and the Persons pan stamped version used by other brands. I have seen some variation in the gaps between the seats and the struts, but the Q bolt holes are all in the same general location, albeit I've never felt the need to measure them

Back