When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Two different reasons no doubt.

In the past riders often turned their bars upside down to achieve the same aerodynamic effects as is built in to a racing model. Modern collectors come across bikes modified in this manner and often do not know the difference between a factory board track racer and a street bike with the bars turned on end. In this case an honest mistake.

The small displacement 2 stroke Chinese motors arrived to our shores a few short years ago. At the same time, the rat rod craze came into it's own. In my opinion it was a leap of genius to marry the two ideas and create a retro looking board track motorcycle. When done right these can be great looking and riding machines. I doubt any are meant to fool anyone into thinking they are 1920 racing motorcycles. They are artistic expressions is the ultimate answer to this question of why.

No harm and no foul to either in my opinion.

Why do people think they can get double or triple what something typically sales for just because you posted a post in the wanted section of the CABE? That is my peeve ;)

To this I will say, anyone can ask anything they want, do not take offence. There is no need to be "peeved". Especially here on the CABE readers and potential buyers are very well informed. Nobody is going to be fooled. If others feel wasting their time listing things at a grossly inflated prices is of benefit, get a chuckle out of it and move on.

people who scoff at bicycle guys that part out any kind of bicycle even if a nice original.....we all have skeletons in closet.....no one is perfect....

"Why do folks think they can turn a bicycle's handlebars upside and call it a "Board Track Racer"? "
Why do folks turn the drop bars on old Huffy ten speeds upside down and carry large bags of empty pop cans around? What makes me cringe is when folks have balloon tire bikes with the handle bar ends pointing upwards rather than level or slightly down. Why o why can't they see that looks so dorky.

Back