When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

-
How about a different outlook:
My pet peeve is me and my mosquito-like focus issues.
I swear I will get about 90% into a bike refresh, see another bike in the line and think "boy, it wouldnt take much to remove that surface rust" and then its off to the races on that one. Then 3 months down the road I look back at the other one and think "boy, I only need a wheelset and a chain for that one...."then back on the rack it goes for the finish-line. I dont know what bone in my body is lacking where I start a bike, finish it then start another one, but I was born without it. It usually starts hanging up when I realize I need some random pricey part for it, then I discouraged and hang it up till that item shows up.
I always eventually finish them all but it takes me 6 months in most cases...

people who do not read your email then give dumb replies.

I emailed on a "Schwinn Cruiser bike" with no picture. turns out to be a late model 4 speed aluminum wheels Schwinn, with a vintage 50's fender and a feather guard. so I asked if he had the rest of the bike that the fender and chain guard came from. I asked him if he would sell the fender, I also asked about his bottom price for the bike, maybe I could use the wheels on something .... he tells me make an offer on the fender and $125.00 for the whole bike. so I email back telling him I am not interested in the bike, but will offer 20 bucks for the fender.

he replies with al list of all the cool stuff on the bike and how the bike is worth much more than $20.00. guy puts a bike on Craigslist with no pictures but has the ability to send me pics in an email. I give up.

people who do not read your email then give dumb replies.

I emailed on a "Schwinn Cruiser bike" with no picture. turns out to be a late model 4 speed aluminum wheels Schwinn, with a vintage 50's fender and a feather guard. so I asked if he had the rest of the bike that the fender and chain guard came from. I asked him if he would sell the fender, I also asked about his bottom price for the bike, maybe I could use the wheels on something .... he tells me make an offer on the fender and $125.00 for the whole bike. so I email back telling him I am not interested in the bike, but will offer 20 bucks for the fender.

he replies with al list of all the cool stuff on the bike and how the bike is worth much more than $20.00. guy puts a bike on Craigslist with no pictures but has the ability to send me pics in an email. I give up.
I hate that BS❗ If you want to sell something post at least 2 good pics of it, know what you want for it price wise vs "make me an offer aka bid on it" when people tend to value stuff for more than what it's worth to most people. I hate & refuse to email on Craigslist 95% of the time. If you're selling it have a damn phone # for calls or text🤦‍♂️

Back