When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok ...a Pet Peeve I gotta vent...and this one happened to me recently.
I want to start by saying....If you buy a Bike or a part or whatever from me...
once it's yours ...you can do whatever you want with it.

HOWEVER....when you approach with a huge song and dance about how
this bike or part is what you've dreamt of for EVER and it's your "keeper"
and grail catch yadda yadda... And the next thing you know it's Flipped?
for whatever amount...huge profit, no profit...whatever...
That full on blows.
This just happened with a rare bicycle I've owned for years.... I honestly figured
it would be in the notable collectors hands for "ever" or some such long period of time
due to the approach and elaborate song and dance about acquiring the item.
Wrong! On the Shopping block it went.
I would not have given a flying eff about it....had I not been approached in such
a "this is for MEEEE a "Keeeeeeper" ...going into my collection!!!! sort of way.

All would have been better just left unsaid.

My nose hair and ear hair as I grow older!!!!!!!!

Ok ...a Pet Peeve I gotta vent...and this one happened to me recently.
I want to start by saying....If you buy a Bike or a part or whatever from me...
once it's yours ...you can do whatever you want with it.

HOWEVER....when you approach with a huge song and dance about how
this bike or part is what you've dreamt of for EVER and it's your "keeper"
and grail catch yadda yadda... And the next thing you know it's Flipped?
for whatever amount...huge profit, no profit...whatever...
That full on blows.
This just happened with a rare bicycle I've owned for years.... I honestly figured
it would be in the notable collectors hands for "ever" or some such long period of time
due to the approach and elaborate song and dance about acquiring the item.
Wrong! On the Shopping block it went.
I would not have given a flying eff about it....had I not been approached in such
a "this is for MEEEE a "Keeeeeeper" ...going into my collection!!!! sort of way.

All would have been better just left unsaid.
I've heard that one before as well. I had another collector explain it to me this way a few years back. He said "There are collectors who are the marrying type and those that just date" Meaning some, such as myself, tend to hold onto to stuff forever while for others its just the thrill of the hunt and a few months later its gonna move on down the road. I've seen this happen with parts to "I really need this to complete a project" and next thing you know its for sale at a considerable mark-up. This is why sometimes I'm selective to whom I may deal with. V/r Shawn

Do you notice The American Picker's TV show, Mike & Frank are keeping or collecting almost everything they buy. Once they own it it's on the market. Thats reality TV. They did a show at my buddy Moe's, I asked Moe why he sold that stuff. He said everything they bought they brought with them and stuck it in his building's, barn's and made it look like it was Moe's stuff.

Now im second guessing putting this on "what bike did you ride today". I was happy with myself that i rode into work today. Besides riding a bike instead of hoarding it away for nobody to enjoy, or for some to get peeved over. The answer to your question of "why" is...because i can...with all due respect. Ive got many bikes so when i put this one together these are the choices i made in its construction. Its not for sale..its not anybody's bike but mine and i didnt build it per anybody elses specs..One way or another, ENJOY.

20210218_064909_Film3.jpg

Back