When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

-
Now im second guessing putting this on "what bike did you ride today". I was happy with myself that i rode into work today. Besides riding a bike instead of hoarding it away for nobody to enjoy, or for some to get peeved over. The answer to your question of "why" is...because i can...with all due respect. Ive got many bikes so when i put this one together these are the choices i made in its construction. Its not for sale..its not anybody's bike but mine and i didnt build it per anybody elses specs..One way or another, ENJOY.

View attachment 1359847
I'd ride that twice a week, all over town.
If I was a cool old bike, I wouldn't want a second life as a show girl.

As far as Im concerned, what my Grandmother told me fits;
Vintage is 30 years old... and it sucks, but it's still not worth anything, even if it does say collectors edition on it.
Classic is 50 years old... and it blows, but only if is is high quality aaaand, if it's within my lifetime I don't wanna hear that its old and valuable.
Antiques are over 100 years old... Period. If you call that Varsity an antique one more time, I'll buy it just to set it on fire.

And...
"Its selling for....... on Ebay." When actually its been up for sale at that price for a year while dozens of better have sold for much less. How do you know how much it sold for if it is still up for sale?

Also...

Greed and selfishness in all its forms
.... its why Im basically an extroverted recluse.

As far as Im concerned, what my Grandmother told me fits;
Vintage is 30 years old... and it sucks, but it's still not worth anything, even if it does say collectors edition on it.
Classic is 50 years old... and it blows, but only if is is high quality aaaand, if it's within my lifetime I don't wanna hear that its old and valuable.
Antiques are over 100 years old... Period. If you call that Varsity an antique one more time, I'll buy it just to set it on fire.

And...
"Its selling for....... on Ebay." When actually its been up for sale at that price for a year while dozens of better have sold for much less. How do you know how much it sold for if it is still up for sale?

Also...

Greed and selfishness in all its forms
.... its why Im basically an extroverted recluse.
One mans trash is another mans treasure . Me thinks you have too mans bad days and let small things bother you to much . Chill out

One mans trash is another mans treasure . Me thinks you have too mans bad days and let small things bother you to much . Chill out
Huh? A little too close to home?
This is a tongue in cheek what "irritates you" thread. It doest necessarily need a response from the closely offended.
(offended that I don't appreciate my time wasted by greedy people?)
Notice how you had nothing to add to the thread, just to interject negativity.
Maybe YOU should chill out.
And maybe learn the ropes with still fingers
Something else I dont Appreciate?
Folks unable to mind their own business if they have nothing positive to say.

OK, here we go. When people post multiple items that have been up for years and viewed thousands of times continue to "bump".
IMO, it's disrespectful to those posting a new item who have it kicked down multiple positions. NOBODY WANT'S IT! (at your price)
That's a load off my chest.
By the way, I agree with everyone's peeves ahead of me.

OK, here we go. When people post multiple items that have been up for years and viewed thousands of times continue to "bump".
IMO, it's disrespectful to those posting a new item who have it kicked down multiple positions. NOBODY WANT'S IT! (at your price)
That's a load off my chest.
By the way, I agree with everyone's peeves ahead of me.
John!
what are you doing with that cool Beer Can as your Avatar?
Your gonna trigger me man..... Ive got Brewerania bad.... I needed a 13 step program to get over it.
:)

Back