When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pet peeves

-
People who think that deep wallets mean someone has knowledge and wisdom.

Just because you have enough money to OWN alot of cool things doesn't mean you are an expert on anything other than how to stack money and hoard nice things.
what if you own a lot of cool things yet have no money to speak of and collected them all over a 30 year period?

I can only stack quarters. 😩

My experience in this area is actually in vintage motorcycles, but I know this particular species of turd exists in bicycles and cars as well.
The owner, "X", of the former Schwinn dealership in my town, now retired/closed, restored a bike for a customer, "Y". Well, Y belonged to a vintage bike club, which did a write-up on Y's bike in their newsletter. The bike was described in the article as restored by "Y" with no credit whatsoever to "X". Needless to say, "X" was a bit offended.

The owner, "X", of the former Schwinn dealership in my town, now retired/closed, restored a bike for a customer, "Y". Well, Y belonged to a vintage bike club, which did a write-up on Y's bike in their newsletter. The bike was described in the article as restored by "Y" with no credit whatsoever to "X". Needless to say, "X" was a bit offended.
That happens in the custom vehicle world very often, most times after the vehicle changes hands and the vehicle gets a feature article.

LOOK IN YOUR MIRROR!!! Ok, I get it...we drive too fast! Pulling out in front of me and cutting me off and then going under the speed limit, you don't see the stack of cars trying t get to work????? Oh, and now you're gonna blow through stop signs? Pull over and let us get by!!!

LOOK IN YOUR MIRROR!!! Ok, I get it...we drive too fast! Pulling out in front of me and cutting me off and then going under the speed limit, you don't see the stack of cars trying t get to work????? Oh, and now you're gonna blow through stop signs? Pull over and let us get by!!!
Where I work, there are dedicated bike lanes everywhere. Yet, the E-bike delivery guys still ride on the sidewalk.

People who stand on my lawn, while waiting for gUber to pick them up, because their vehicle was somehow towed, by city parking enforcement, after blocking my driveway, (for some reason).

My apartment neighbor suggests reporting as a “Cooper Mini” and said the tow truck came in like 15 minutes, (instead of usual delay).

Last edited:
Back