When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Petty crooks - The Wheelmen

-
FYI, I did finally receive a refund via Paypal complaint process.

I also received a copy of Wheelmen newsletter soon thereafter. Somewhere in there was a discussion about how Wheelmen membership levels continue to suffer/decline.

Shocker.

I was willing and able to dedicate some time and resources to promoting a local chapter or events.

My primary motivation was the 2016 New Haven event. After all, I am only an hour away from event site and I figured I could be of some assistance.

I have since shifted my focus elsewhere.

Another reason why the wheelmen are dieing off as a group. That and the fact that most of them are 100+ years old and don't like any bike made after 1915.......

I'm a Wheelmen and I'm 24:D. Unfortunately I have not been to an actual meet because I am busy with school but I love receiving the newsletter. I am hoping to get more use out of my membership when I have more time in a few years. I am looking forward to the New Haven event as I only live 15 minutes from there.

I like the exclusivity of only allowing bikes up to 1915 though as those are the only bikes I am interested in (except some 1960s muscle bikes). It is like the Horseless Carriage Club of America that only allows cars up to 1915 which I also participate in. The bikes and cars had a certain look and feel of that time. If balloon tire bikes were included I would have been turned away from the group because I am just not interested in them.

Sorry I think it is 1918. Mixing up the Wheelmen and the HCCA cut off year:)

Ok - I'll write you a Miami Bicycle check for compensation

Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 4.33.05 p.m..png

double standard ??

i thought SCOTT wrote to stop the negativity on the board . why is this negative thread on here about the wheelmen , they are not criminals or petty crooks , they do what they do.. the way they do it ,very rare to hear or read a complaint ,
10917796_10206367000069081_1261289675166893844_o.jpg
00000_ia2jY24HEkn_600x450.jpg
537436_515032821869949_1950135989_n.jpg
10952486_10205154377994287_101490460323150565_o.jpg
MVC-012S.JPG

Last edited:
i thought SCOTT wrote to stop the negativity on the board . why is this negative thread on here about the wheelmen , they are not criminals or petty crooks , they do what they do.. the way they do it ,very rare to hear or read a complaint

I can't say that I noticed any negativity here. Just some facts on how they do what they do and the way they do it. If they do what they do a little faster, or let prospective members know ahead of time that that's the way they do it, then there won't be anyone worrying about being ripped off when they sign up and pay for a membership. I for one thought this was an informative thread.

Back