When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
I need help with the model and year. I’ve searched through the Peugeot catalogs and come up empty. The owner doesn’t have any idea. It has chrome so I know it’s not a cheap one.

2edc28e06861da2d90eee611929fb2ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike boom bikes in great shape (ignored but well stored) are not uncommon - $200 +/-
that is the top-line sport/touring bike - the racier U10 has a wider market
A buddy paid $125 for perfect early 80s Miyata-built Univega.

it's still wearing all the kind of stuff the rest of us would have stripped off with heavy riding.
whHErY8.jpg

a great frame with 40 years and 40,000 mi (and 3 complete rebuilds)
sLindxx.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going back and forth. I love the color but the last Peugeot i worked on, an ‘85 P-something was a chore to find tools and parts for. I promised myself I’d never work on another Peugeot. But...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike boom bikes in great shape (ignored but well stored) are not uncommon - $200 +/-
that is the top-line sport/touring bike - the racier U10 has a wider market
A buddy paid $125 for perfect early 80s Miyata-built Univega.

it's still wearing all the kind of stuff the rest of us would have stripped off with heavy riding.
View attachment 940807
a great frame with 40 years and 40,000 mi (and 3 complete rebuilds)
View attachment 940808

___

Ron,

we gotta 'member that @twinflight be the same laddie who extracted two hundred simolianis from a P6!

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/80s-ish-peugeot-what-model-and-year.132895/

he may get a mortage payment outta this wheel! :smiley:

very nice find BTW.

-----

personally, I would prefer the older bike - however, late-80s should get you to all ISO, (also SunTour) and the older bike will be French, the 85 worse - a mix of French and ISO.
The mid-80s are not at all uncommon - show up at every Frankenbike here, but I like the older paint schemes better.

there's also something special in the ride of older French bikes - they put the low-trail in the fork offset, making it springy, and lighter frame tubing than e.g. Raleigh would use.
That's also a pretty cool Stronglight crank

this is a higher-grade bike, Tad's 21-lb '72 Follis, and I think he sold it, but the ride was so amazing he had to let everyone ride it
EcR4Swd.jpg

Last edited:
I got the seller to come down to $160. Would I be crazy to walk away? Seems like a slim margin for resale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back