When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PX-10...just picked it up!

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
If you don't believe in Karma, maybe you should. I do after this!

I gave the blue Peugeot UO8 I bought the other day to one of my father's neighbors who was looking for a tall bike for his son this morning. He wanted to pay me for it...I told him no, you've been a good neighbor to my father. Besides, I only paid $35 for that bike. I knew it was going to a good home and was glad to do it.

So, after raking leaves and doing the lawn, I went inside and took a shower before having lunch. I then figured I'd check out Facebook Marketplace fore anything "Newly Listed" and the PX-10 pops up, less than an hour old. Turns out it's the same guy I bought the Schwinn from a couple of weeks ago! He told me he'd already had people interested in it, but said if I wanted it, he'd rather have me get it. I told him put SOLD on it, which he did, and an hour later it was in my driveway.

All the parts are there (minus the chain, handlebar tape and cables), and of course will need tires and an overhaul. But ,this will be a nice project to work on. Brooks Professional saddle is in nice condition, and I know sells for around $150 in this condition. So, considering I paid $150 FOR EVERYTHING you see, I got a smokin' deal. There's even the Mafac tool kit he threw in. KARMA!!!!!!

Enjoy the barrage of photos...

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0561.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0568.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful. And an inspiration for get off my ass and finish the '77 PX-10 I've had sitting in the barn.

Started...and finished...the removal of the reflective tape on the rear and front forks. There's a comparison shot I took of the rears, but it all came off with a hair dryer, tire iron (plastic) and my thumbnail. Almost two hours, but paint and chrome beneath is all beautiful.

Also, which I saw somewhere online, that Peugeot stuck a cork in the front fork at the Factory. I also have one. New to me!!

I also have a shot of the Serial number if anyone can figure out the year. I'm guessing 1973...

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

Back