When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PX-10...just picked it up!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Juy development of new lines/products -

when the SLJ gear ensemble launched in 1973 it was an instant hit and deservedly well repsected

unfortunately, its cost at the consumer retail level was even greater than that of the Tullio NR ensemble :eek:

-----

Cleanup/Detailing continues...

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0700.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

Well, this is as far as I'll take this one. (My third floor Bat Cave is getting to crowded lately). Going in I knew the frame was WAY to short...but I couldn't pass it up. Another "Toy" to play with. Front derailleur is toast, and the rear needs new cogs as the teeth are all gone.

This will eventually be going to a new home, but I'll wait to see if I get one in my size locally first. I'd like to keep the saddle when it does go, though, because of its condition. Time will tell... :)

IMG_0734.jpeg

IMG_0735.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

After all the many hours working on the bike, I think this one is going on Facebook Marketplace today or tomorrow. Not Fleabay!!
To small for me and I need the room. I'm going to keep the saddle, though, for another bike I have.

It will need to be PICKED UP here on Long Island (sorry @slowride ). I'm not packing it up. If anyone is interested before I list it, please let me know.

I'm not even sure what I'll ask for it. Prices are nuts on ebay, with just a frame selling at $399 (ridiculous!!) recently.

You've definitely got me inspired to get off my lazy ass and get my PX-10 back on the road. Well, the frame was restored five years ago, I think it's been hanging in the bicycle barn long enough.

Where it's going to be difficult . . . . . . My frame is a '77-79 (long after the Bike Boom, well into the Bike Bust when you couldn't give away a 10-speed), and while the specifications aren't all that different, the devil is in the details:

You're using a Stronglight 93 crank, mine takes a Stronglight 99. The few I've found are invariably in Europe.
Derailleurs on yours are Simplex Criterium (metal reinforced plastic), mine are Simplex SJ's (alloy, happily I've got those).
Fortunately, we use the same levers. Um, maybe a slight difference in small parts, but you'd need to be a real anorak to notice.
Your brakes are Mafac Competition, I'm using a set of Competition that are based of the mid-decade Mafac 2000 redesigns (I've managed to find Peugeot branded calipers, still looking for levers, not exactly but it'll pass until I get the perfect ones).
I haven't even bothered with the wheels yet, as I'll use a set up of Campy Tipo/Mavic wheels (an extra cost option on the Gitane Tour de France) just to get the bike on the road. Definitely have to look for Maillard hubs, still not sure if they're the standard freewheel or Helicomatic (I hope not the latter, as I lost all of that stuff in the fire).

Back