When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peugeot PX10

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kelpie3

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello,

I have an old PX10 frame with replacement components that I want to build a new set of wheels for. The rear dropout width is 120 mm and I was thinking about a pair of Campy hubs laced to my Super Champion rims that I have used since I bought the bike in college.

Most of the campy hubs I see on Ebay and other places are 126 mm and up. Is there a good way to modify the hub to 120 mm? I thought of removing the spacer on the freewheel side and taking 6 mm off of it but I am leery of doing that. Anyone done anything like this before?

To make this easier, anyone have a pair of Campy hubs for sale with 100 mm on the front and 120 on the back with English threading for the freewheel?

It is really quite easy to convert back to 120 spacing. You need an axle for a 120 hub. Remove 6mm of spacers & install the axle. Then re-dish the wheel. Make sure that you start the re-dish by detensioning the drive side spokes to keep the rim true & round. Five speed freewheels are getting hard to find, especially with wide range gears. re-spacing the frame is pretty easy as well if you prefer a six speed set up. Be careful as you can bend it too far easily. Then align the drop outs. I have done both, depending on the bike & my goals. Good luck & have some fun!
Peace,
Jim

Ended up getting a pair of Campy Nuovo Record hubs that are the proper width. Spoked them up to my old Super Champion rims. I am replacing the brakes and derailleurs with Campy stuff. I would love to put this back to stock, but don't really want to spend tons of cash to get the proper french components.

Back